O2Jam on Windows 10 - Software designed for XP and not updated since 2004

I play O2Jam on the V3 server. This game has not been updated in over 10 years, the developer has been bankrupt sine 2009, and there is no way this program will be modernized for Windows 10.  This uses old DirectX and Direct Draw features that have been unsupported since Windows 8.

How can I force Windows 10 to run Direct Draw versions from 11 years ago in order to make this game even start correctly? It is unplayable on Windows 10 with the current graphics libraries.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I would suggest you to install the game in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

a. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website.

b. Right-click on the game setup file and click on ‘properties’.

c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select previous operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer.

If the issues still persist I suggest you to contact games developer.

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Well, the developer has down for a years.

Some devices have an issue with compatibility mode, include my device. I use a windows XP SP3 compatibility. Keyboard input works fine, but mouse input is inoperable. Mouse click can't operate the program. I have to click repetitively to get a control. Is there any solution?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 16, 2024 Views 1,589 Applies to: