NSIS "Error Launching Installer" but I am not launching anything

Hi,

Recently I have been having a popup saying NSIS "Error Launching installer" pop up every hour and I don't know what is causing it, I am not launching any installer. IT happens exactly every hour and I can't even tell the source, it is very annoying.

Answer
Answer
Hi, Nafiz,
Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue.

It could be a third-party app that is trying to update. There are some options that you can try to identify which app is triggering this error message.

Option 1: Using the Task Manager
1-When you see the error message don't close it
2-Press Ctrl+Shift+ Esc to open the Task Manager
3-Search for "NSIS", "NSIS installer", or " NSIS (Nullsoft Scriptable Install System) "
4-Right-click on it and select the option "Open file location"
5-Then you should be able to identify which app is trying to update. If you don't use the app you can uninstall it or go to the developer website and download and install the latest version

Option 2: Performing a clean boot. You can see at this link how to perform a clean boot. If the error message stops in the clean boot, check the section "How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot" to see how to identify which app is causing the problem.

Option 3: Using the Task Scheduler
1-When you see the error message don't close it
2-Click on Start, search for Task Scheduler and click on that
3-Click on "Task Scheduler Library" in the left panel
4-Then search in the list which task has the status "Running"
5-Then click on the task to see the description and identify which app is trying to update

If you have problems identifying which app is triggering the error message, attach a screenshot of the error message, a screenshot of the Task Manager, and a screenshot of the file location of the app.

I hope this information helps. If you have any questions, please let me know and I'll be glad to assist you further.

19 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hello,

Thank you for your tip. The issue is resolved, the program was RAV endpoint protection that kept causing the error, I went ahead and uninstalled it. Thank you.

24 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2024 Views 23,531 Applies to: