Now that Miracast has been eliminated from Windows 10 Version 2004, how can I use my Smart tv as a duplicate display?

I have used my LG OlED as a duplicate display for years. My computer was updated to Windows 10 Version 2004, and it no longer connects. What is a good replacement that will allow me reestablish my PC-TV connection? My TV is in another room, which would require drilling, cabling, outlet boxes,etc. for an HDMI connection.
Hello geronimo427,

I'm John an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. I'll be happy to assist you today. I understand you have a problem with projecting to this PC. This is a common issue after upgrading to version 2004.

Press Start then search Manage Optional Features
Click Add a feature
On the list, Select Wireless Display
Put a check then Install

Please check this article if it helps
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/456594...

Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any further concerns.

Sincerely

John DeV
Independent Advisor

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I get the same result as when Windows was updated to version 2004. The tv program is momentarily interrupted, two messages are flashed sequentially,"PC is trying to connect to your tv", then "client unable to connect to Screen Share", and then it returns to live tv mode. Is there anyway I can re-install Miracast? MS Wireless Display is suppose to contain Miracast, but this version is incompatible with my smart tv. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello geronimo427,

Thank you for updating me that information. I'm sorry it didn't resolve the issue. Please try to update your Display driver.

Open Device Manager
Expand Displayer Adapter
Select your HD Graphics driver then choose Update Driver Software

You may also check this support article if it helps.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/401282...

Sincerely

John DeV
Independent Advisor

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

What happens when you click on the Action/Notifications icon at the bottom right on the taskbar and then Connect?

The image below is from my Laptop and shows both my TVs. My Dell Laptop has Windows 10 Pro 2004 with all updates.

H. E. W.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

My tv has webOS 3.5, which has Miracast. My PC has Miracast with HDCP. My tv is listed under Bluetooth & Other Devices - Wireless Displays & Docks, as [LG}] webOStv OLED65B7A.  But I get the same two messages.

Thanks Guys for all your patience and suggestions, but I'll play around with the link a little while longer, and probably go back to version 1909, and have a fully functional system.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Again, thanks for your replies. I finally tried to connect to my tv using a laptop with Windows 10 v2004, only the laptop had native wifi. It casted to my tv flawlessly. My desktop has a 4 year old, add on TP Link T9E wireless adapter. This adapter is obsolete, and probably needs an updated driver. The drivers on their website for this adapter haven't been updated. I'll just use the laptop for tv casting, and update my motherboard for native wifi inthe near future, since it's 5 years old. Again, thanks for the replies

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 17, 2023 Views 834 Applies to: