November 27, 2018—KB4467682 (OS Build 17134.441)

I installed KB4467682 (OS Build 17134.441) and had to restore from backup, it destroyed my local user profile.

I was unable to get it to allow a restore to last known good configuration

I am running 

Windows 10 Pro x64

Version 1803

OS Build 17134.407

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO (WI-FI AC) BIOS 1704

Intel 17-8700K @ 3.70GHz

32GB DDR4 RAM, (2 x G.Skill F4-3200C14-8GVR & 2x 2 x G.Skill F4-3200C14-8GVK) running at XMP speeds

GPU MSI Armor Radeon RX 580 4GB UEFI booting from a WDC WDS512G1X0C PCIE NvME drive

AVAGO MegaRAID SAS Adapter (LSI 9260-8i), with 8 WD RE drives attached in two RAID 5 groups

PSU Corsair HX1000

Backup software Macrium Reflect Home Edition v7.2.3897 UEFI 

Anyone else having issues with this update?

Discussion Info

Last updated December 6, 2018 Views 55 Applies to:

I'm currently on the blue screen with various options trying to repair after this install. Haven't found the solution yet after trying everything from install to last configuration to using safe mode and I don't want to completely install new version, destroying previous files and applications. I'm assuming it's related to this update because it happened right after.  I have this error message \windows\system32\logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

What happened Microsoft? What do I do now? I have no idea what I'm doing and where the solution lies. Help! 

-at Fixboot - I got access denied - what is that? I'm clueless. Might be a simple fix, though. Don't say re-install. That's just crazy talk. 

I'm running Windows 10, version 1803, OS Build 17134.441

Lenovo Legion Y520

I was able to apply the update after restoring from backup. I am now running OS Build 17134.441

I retired a year ago, after making a living for over 35 years; based on the fact that MS software produces unexpected results on a regular basis, (often called undocumented features).

Make sure you have a working set of tools available to restore your systems boot device and repair the Windows boot files

MS tools

• Look up "create a recovery drive" in Windows Settings on your machine and create the necessary drive
  • Create Windows 10 installation media, to be used for startup repair of OS repair if needed
  • Use the MS Windows 10 backup and restore that is built into the OS to create a fresh backup

OR

There are third party tools that do this as well.  An example of this, the free copy of Macrium Reflect Home Edition allows you  to create bootable rescue media from a CD/DVD or USB flash drive. 

https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree

Good Luck,