Notifications no longer working for Twitter apps for both PC and Mobile

This has been causing me nothing but unending headaches.

Essentially what has happened is I am no longer able to receive notifications for almost any Twitter app. Tweet It, Fenice, not even the official Twitter app itself.

Initially I thought this was an issue with just my Lumia 950, but today I decided to try things out an install the apps on my PC and... the exact same issue. Notifications that aren't working or, in the case of twitter, only half working.

Even for testing it out, I loaded up the Twitter app for Android on my tablet and was able to get Notifications just fine, so instead I'm left here scratching my head as to what the heck has happened with the apps linked to my accounts? Reinstalling them didn't help because all it ended up doing was loading the User App Data from the store and bringing me back to the apps like they were right before I uninstalled them in the first place.

What's worse is I haven't see anyone else reporting this at all and its driving me crazy and contacting Microsoft through their support channels has been of no help at all.

Like just please, could I get someone to at least read what's going on with me and help me at least figure out what is even going on because I've never been so frustrated in my life with any sort of technical issue before as I am now.

Hi Samm,

Since you are having issues with both mobile and PC, we would need to clarify some information to know the next step to offer.

• Which Windows version does your Lumia 950 have?
  • When you said notification for Twitter in PC, are you referring to the notification on the PC itself or just the notification of the application?
  • Same goes with your Lumia phone, are you referring to the notification that would show up in your phone or in the app itself?

We look forward to your reply.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

• Which Windows version does your Lumia 950 have?

Current version is 1607 build 14965.1001. Fast Ring of the insider build, and none of my other apps have been having issues with notifications.

• When you said notification for Twitter in PC, are you referring to the notification on the PC itself or just the notification of the application?

Basically here's what's been happening. In the case of Tweet It and Fenice (the third party twitter apps) they just don't show any notification at all for any reason in my notification center, no toast ever pops up, nothing. With the official Twitter App, I'll get notifications when people will "like" a tweet and sometimes if they send a DM, however when it comes to mentions, I'll get almost no notification at all. Very rarely when I do get one though, its seemingly random on who I get it from.

• Same goes with your Lumia phone, are you referring to the notification that would show up in your phone or in the app itself?

This behavior is mirrored on both my PC and my Phone, which is weird. All of it is made even weirder by the fact that when I linked Twitter up on the Android version of the app, every notification was coming in fine and dandy. And of course, I can't even get help from Twitter since they don't even have support to contact beyond "tell us a problem and we might get around to fixing it in a future version".

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Samm, as per checking, there is a support site for twitter where you can post your issue directly. It seems that the concern itself is related to the application and it would be best to contact the developer.

Let us know how it goes.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This has been causing me nothing but unending headaches.

Essentially what has happened is I am no longer able to receive notifications for almost any Twitter app. Tweet It, Fenice, not even the official Twitter app itself.

Initially I thought this was an issue with just my Lumia 950, but today I decided to try things out an install the apps on my PC and... the exact same issue. Notifications that aren't working or, in the case of twitter, only half working.

Even for testing it out, I loaded up the Twitter app for Android on my tablet and was able to get Notifications just fine, so instead I'm left here scratching my head as to what the heck has happened with the apps linked to my accounts? Reinstalling them didn't help because all it ended up doing was loading the User App Data from the store and bringing me back to the apps like they were right before I uninstalled them in the first place.

What's worse is I haven't see anyone else reporting this at all and its driving me crazy and contacting Microsoft through their support channels has been of no help at all.

Like just please, could I get someone to at least read what's going on with me and help me at least figure out what is even going on because I've never been so frustrated in my life with any sort of technical issue before as I am now.

I am with you. I have had many situations where a toast pop up should come, but doesn't on my Lumia 950XL.

I went into settings, because under sounds, if you haven't had a pop up, the app list in manage sounds won't show the app until you get one. Twitter is in my list.

I went into the app settings inside the manage sound and notifications is on and I even changed the ringtone to ensure I know the sound is the toast, but it won't show.

I went into the Twitter app and check the apps settings for notifications, and indeed the toast settings are all on, so I should be getting toast pop ups.

Currently, the only way I know something happened on Twitter is when I am emailed.

Because I didn't put effort in it, I cannot pin point what caused the issue, but it used to work before November, so I guess an app update or WM10 update may of caused this. However, I also have a Outlook.com migration happening and so that might be causing me issues.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I just checked Twitter on my Laptop, it also has toast pop ups on, but won't get them, but it has never worked coz in the Windows 10 Settings, under Notification & Action section, the app isn't even there for editing sounds and such.

I suggest Microsoft check to make sure nothing is wrong with the Toast service for W10 & WM10 but maybe Twitter Devs will need to check the Apps Code for bugs.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one still having an issue, though I'm sorry its affecting you as well.

In any case, since then Tweet It has been able to work with tweets just fine, however I'm still having issue with the official Twitter app. I have noticed though I do get toast notifications when

-They're DMs

-They're Likes or RTs

-Weirdly, if they're mentions and my @handle is in the middle of the tweet, but not at the beginning.

I tried to contact twitter support, but their website even states that they don't directly respond to technical issues, so I may as well be shouting into the void. I was hoping Microsoft might be able to help or at least get some leverage cause honestly, it feels like twitter doesn't give a hoot about Windows users unless Microsoft themselves bring up the problem directly.

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 3, 2022 Views 4,299 Applies to: