Notifications Do not Popup Or Make A sound | Windows 10, version 1803 x64 KB4462930

Hello,

Recently I stopped getting all notifications. They do not pop up sometimes, and they never make a sound. This recently changed after an update.

Windows 10, version 1803 x64 KB4462930

I had no issue with this a few months ago.. I have checked many settings, I will list everything here, so please read all and do not ask me to do the same stuff again:

Settings > system > notifications & actions - I have checked to make sure notifications are on and even selected the most important apps to have a sound, and be on high priority. All the top radio buttons are turned on Also mostly every app is on, though i see firefox is not in the list yet. However, most notification apps are separate, like chrome, and other installed messenger apps.

Settings > system >Focus assist - I have completely turned this off as I thought it had something to do with it. Since i recently plugged in a second monitor and it's duplicating display, i thought it stopped sounding display.

I have checked sounds, and there is a notification sound that used to work until recently. The correct soundcard is selected, and i am able to hear music, and all other sounds THAT I select or start, but not notifications.

I have checked these options, and restarted the computer

Again, notifications DO NOT pop up, but a (1) or more is added to the action center, so I can go there and see a list of the notifications, but there is NO sound at all, and most times they DO NOT pop up either.

So, please let me know which steps I need to take to fix this, or if this is something that will be fixed in an update.

Hi Kuran,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue might be due to Automatic rules gets enabled on Focus assist after connecting the second monitor.

1. Press 'Windows key + I' to open Settings.

2. Click on System > Focus assist.

3. Here you can choose which notification you'd like to see and hear. So that, you can stay focused, and the rest will go to action center, and you can view those any time.

4. Select 'Off' to get all the notifications from your apps and contacts.

5. Under 'Automatic rules', toggle the switch off for 'When I'm duplicating my display' option.

6. Restart the system once, and check if the issue persists.

Hope it helps.

Naveen M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello,

I'm sorry, but I already feel as you did not read what I wrote. I specifically put, "Settings > system >Focus assist - I have completely turned this off"

Next option?

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Kuran,

Thank you for the reply.

Change Windows 10 Notification Sounds and check:

1. Press 'Windows key + X' to bring up the hidden power user menu, and select 'Control Panel'.

2. Click on 'Sound'.

3. Scroll down to 'Notification' in the Program Events section.

4. Select the sound from the Sounds menu, and click on 'Test'.

5. Click on 'Apply', and 'Ok'.

Restart the system, and check. If the issue persists, I'd suggest you to create a new user account and check.

Hope it helps.

Naveen M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes I have actually done this already..

I am not making a new user account. this has to do with something windows did in a previous update. As I have said before. THIS WAS NOT an issue previous a month or so go, I was getting notifications just fine, as a few months ago I went to "sounds" and changed the notification sound to something easily noticeable for me, and I WAS hearing that sound when it was supposed to play, and now I do not...

I assume this will be fixed in the next big update...

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

also I did not see control panel in the windows+x menu... however there is a MUCH MUCH simpler way to get to sounds so you know. You just right click the volume icon on the taskbar, and then click "Sounds"

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Suggest you to run the SFC scan utility tool to check if that helps. Once the scan is done, restart the computer and check the notification status.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Just tried this,

got 100%, and it also said it found some corrupted files, and fixed all the issues and so forth. I restarted the pc, and i still did not get notification pop ups or sounds.

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 25, 2024 Views 6,006 Applies to: