not being able to access netflic via app on HP laptop

hi, I have a brand new laptop I bought yesterday. It has windows 10 on it. I tried to access the Netflix ap however it keeps telling me I cannot connect and say H404. Doesn't say error just says the message then that at the end. I tried to uninstall however it doesn't give me the option to do that so I can reinstall. any ideas on how I can fix this? thank you

Hi Jade,

As you are facing issues with accessing the Netflix app on your device, Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

1. What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
  2. Have you tried to install the app from Windows Store?
  3. What exactly happens when you try to find for the Netflix app from Windows Store?

If you have already un-installed the application, I suggest you to refer to the below link to install the app and check if it helps.

Netflix Windows Apps

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the Netflix app for further assistance.

Thank you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I've Uninstalled and reinstalled Netflix and when I open it up it says "Sorry, There was a problem communicating with Netflix. Please Try Again." Then it has a Try Again button  Underneath the message, and close to the bottom left it has in parenthesis (H404) i've hit the Try Again button, but it instantly pops up the same message. I just bought this laptop a few hours ago. And have been trying to get it to work. Everything else has been working perfectly fine and I was happy with my purchase up to that point >.< seeing as it's actually the first laptop I've ever bought.

Sorry this didn't help.

HI, the person who replied below has the same issue.

It says "SORRY NEFLIX IS HAVING A HARD TIME COMMUNICATING PLEASE TRY AGAIN        H404" so I tried a 100 times and it doesn't work. I managed to uninstall the app and reinstall it, however, that did nothing, as I'm getting the same message.

What else is there to do...

Sorry this didn't help.

The pre-loaded app is outdated.  Open the app store and update it.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 21, 2020 Views 1,054 Applies to: