Non-compatibility of HGTV Ultimate Home Design with Landscaping and Decks version 4

It won't open.  When trying to open a pop-up appears that states there is another CAD program running and it needs to be closed before it can open.  But there are no other programs running.  How can I fix this?

Hi Becky,

I see that HGTV Ultimate Home Design with Landscaping and Decks version 4 is compatible with Windows 8. For reference click here.

I would suggest you to uninstall the application completely restart the computer and reinstall it and check if it makes any difference.

To uninstall:

a)      Press Winkey+X and select Control Panel.

b)      Click on Programs and features, locate the program.

c)      Right click on the program and click on uninstall.

If the issue persists after reinstalling the program try placing the computer in clean boot to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

Note: After troubleshooting, see the section “Reset the computer to start as usual” to return the computer to a Normal startup mode.

You can also try installing the program in Windows 7 compatibility mode and check if it makes any difference.

See: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Let us know the status of the issue. If you need further assistance, please post back. We will be glad to help you.

Regards,
Anil

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I am having the same problem with HGTV Ultimate Home Design 4. I am running Win 7 64 bit. When I click on it the first time nothing happens. I wait then click again and get the 'cad soft already running'. I think it is the HGTV program that is already running but doesn't show on the desk top.  I've completed removed and reinstalled the program twice with no luck. Any fixes?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Joe,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1. Did you try the steps mentioned in my previous post?

2. Did you try installing the application in compatibility mode?

I would suggest you to place the computer in Clean Boot and check if the issue persists. Keep us posted with more information.

Regards,
Anil

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 28, 2024 Views 1,191 Applies to: