Nokia Lumia 635 - stuck on Red screen with Nokia logo

Can anyone help me recover my phone?

It is a Lumia 635 which I tried to recover using the Windows Phone Recover Tool - all was going well until my Surface went to sleep in the middle of the install!

Now all I have is this: -

It reboots itself after about 5-10 mins and comes back to this

Any ideas what I can do next?

Richard

Answer
Answer
You may be able to reset your phone using the hardware buttons. On Nokia Lumia phones (and some others), do the following to reset your phone:
  1. Press and hold the Volume down and Power buttons at the same time until you feel a vibration (about 10–15 seconds).

2. When you feel the vibration, immediately press and hold the Volume down button until you see a large exclamation mark.

3. Once the exclamation mark appears, press the following four buttons in this order: Volume up , Volume down , Power , Volume down . Your phone should now reset and restart itself. (It might take a while for the reset to finish.)

Thanks for the quick reply.

Unfortunately, the phone does restart after Step 1 but then just displays NOKIA on a black background before returning to the red screen.

Any other ideas?

UPDATE: Resolved! I connected the phone back to my PC via USB and re-ran the recovery tool - I clicked on "My phone was not detected" and waited for Lumia to reboot itself back to the Red screen. This time is was detected by USB and I could recover the phone using the tool.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
You may be able to reset your phone using the hardware buttons. On Nokia Lumia phones (and some others), do the following to reset your phone:
  1. Press and hold the Volume down and Power buttons at the same time until you feel a vibration (about 10–15 seconds).

2. When you feel the vibration, immediately press and hold the Volume down button until you see a large exclamation mark.

3. Once the exclamation mark appears, press the following four buttons in this order: Volume up , Volume down , Power , Volume down . Your phone should now reset and restart itself. (It might take a while for the reset to finish.)

15 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 15, 2023 Views 4,572 Applies to: