Nokia C2-00. How can I remove a menu item?

Good day, could you advise me please. Question on the cell phone Nokia C2-00 (S40 platform).

Description of the problem: there is a "Tele2 меню" (Tele2 menu) icon in the general menu of the phone.

Tele2 is my mobile operator (Russia). If you click on the icon, then content opens, where, when you click on any item, paid services are connected without warning. It is accidentally that I can hit there and, against my will, they will start charging me money for subscriptions and other things, but I will not know about it. I contacted the support service of the mobile operator with a question: is it possible to switch off the content under the icon, or to disable the icon itself? I was answered, that they would not switch off the content, and, regarding the removal of the icon from the phone menu, they advised me to contact the Nokia support service - this is a feature of the device. Nokia redirected me to Microsoft.

Question: Is it possible to remove the item (icon) "Tele2 menu" from the general menu of the phone or block the content of "Tele2 menu"?

My English is not very good, I am sorry.

Hi. Generally not. This is actually a global issue, not necessarily with your SIM or phone. Many SIM cards have this feature where they have their own private menu from the operator. This generally cannot be disabled. Although if you search around, you might find something, it doesn't need to be necessarily for your SIM or phone, you can adapt it from any other similar issue.

If it has a USB port, I might be able to help you but you'll need to send it to me (UK).

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

But your operator should definitely be able to disable this service! The menu only acts as a shortcut to these paid services. They should definitely be able to switch then off from your SIM.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you very much, Sam123321!

Well, I've already searched around thoroughly in some different search engines, including Google, but without any success. And, yes, just as you advise me here, I tried to find something similar to my issue - not exactly the same, that I could adapt to it, though I could not find anything of that kind.

Yeah, my phone has a micro-USB port in order. You know, I trust you as both a technician and a person, and would give you over the device, but, I suppose, to send it to UK from Russia is too expensively and too long. Furthermore, I need it every day - it is my essential tool. Maybe I could hand you it some day when we meet. I just dream... I assume that it is possible to make changes to the operating system of the phone, but I do not know how and I am afraid to spoil it. And I did not find a reliable application for disabling this feature.

It is that way as of now. I wish you joy.

Yours sincerely, Igor.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sam123321, I contacted this operator in order to disable this service, and, surely, they are able to and should disable it, but they refused to do so. Because this is big and easy, though not fair money.

This is the harsh reality under which we live here in Russia under the president of the country V.Putin.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, nice to hear from you. Actually I'm not sure if we need to blame it on Putin! I think a lot of companies would not agree to block it, even though they should.

If you want, you can look on the UK eBay and buy one and send it to me, I'll do it for you and post it to you (but at your expense!)

Regards

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hallo, thank you.

V.Putin should be blamed and despised for this and more terrible things. I'm talking about a Russian company.

I did not understand, what could I look on the UK eBay and buy one and send it to you?

Bye!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You could buy another C2 here in the UK, and send it straight to my address, I can then change it and send it to you at your expense!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

No, thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Did you see this page?

https://msk.tele2.ru/journal/article/how-to-turn-tele2-menu-off

(The rest is translated by Google)

- How to disable the Tele2 menu on the phone

About half way down :

- In your personal account on the website . Go to the "Services" section, find "Subscriptions" and opposite "Tele2 Themes" click "Disable".

- In the mobile application "My Tele2" . Open "Services" and click "Disable" next to the name of the service.

- Using the USSD command * 152 * 0 #.

The actions will take effect after the phone is restarted.

----------------

To disable paid content, open the "Services" section in your personal account on the website or in the "My Tele2" mobile application, find "Tele2 Topic" and in the "My Topics" item click "Delete" opposite unnecessary topics.

Reconnection is not possible.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Data in the page you provided is a lie. There is no "Tele2 Themes" item in the "Services" section in my personal account on the website. I've used the USSD command * 152 * 0 # - it did not change anything. Tele2 menu with its sly paid services is present as you can see it in the figure above. It is a common fraud, and it is overwhelmingly so in Russia under the current rulers.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 31, 2023 Views 192 Applies to: