No Teredo installed

I just bought Forza Horizon 4 but I cannot connect to the "Horizon Life". So I checked my Network in the XBox App and it displays this:

I already clicked on "Click here for more information" but that didn't help. I tried to search online for another solution and came across that I just have to reinstall the driver for Tredeo in the Device Manager:

But if i follow the instruction and try to "Add Lagacy Hardware" in the Device Manager it doesn"t show an option to install that driver/adapter. I selected Microsoft as the manifacture but it doesn't show anything related to "Tredeo". And I cannot find any solution on how to install Tredeo if it isn't installed. I also tried to configure tradeo via netsh but still nothing changes. Any public support page from Microsoft/Xbox couldn't help me either. 

Thanks in advance and I appreciate any kind of solution.

[moved from German forums]

Answer
Answer
Thank you for your quick response! I fixed the problem by myself because I was not conscious of the "Teredo Filter" in my router. Now I can play without any problems.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi Jay,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums. 

Before we proceed, could you please confirm a few things for me?

1. The make and model of your system?

2. The Windows 10 Build you are using?

Systems communicate with one another using a certain predefined set of protocols, when systems within a network are using different protocols but are trying to communicate with one another it may require a translator to enable this communication. This is where the Teredo Tunneling comes in. It facilitates the connectivity between devices behind routers that use network address translation (NAT) and thus enable this communication.

Given that you have already tried to enable the Teredo through the device manager and the netsh command through the command prompt, we have a few more steps that we could try to resolve this issue.

Check and make sure that no VPN client is blocking the Teredo connectivity.

Steps:

Manually enable the Teredo through the registry.

Disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

To take a backup or restore the registry click here.

Check the iphlpsvc registry path:

1. Right-click the Start icon, type in cmd, Right-click on it and 'Run as administrator'.

2. Run the following command from the Admin command prompt: reg query HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\iphlpsvc\Teredo

3. If you find this output: Type REG_DWORD 0x4

You will need to Re-enable Teredo by running the following command from the Admin command prompt: netsh interface Teredo set state type=default

Check the TcpIp6 registry path:

1. Right-click the Start icon, type in cmd, Right-click on it and 'Run as administrator'.

2. Run the following command from the Admin command prompt: reg query HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\TcpIp6\Parameters

3. If you find the output, and the value displayed is not 0x0. Example: DisabledComponents REG_DWORD 0x8e

4. You will need to Re-enable Teredo by running the following command from the Admin command prompt: reg add HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip6\Parameters /v DisabledComponents /t REG_DWORD /d 0x0

Hope it helps.

Aaron Summith 

Microsoft Community - Moderator

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 20, 2023 Views 2,353 Applies to: