No sound after windows 10 update 1903 or 1909 but works with 1809

Hi after updating to both windows 10 1903 and then 1909 my Creative Audigy 2 zs platinum Pro sound card will not omit any sound. Even the on board Realtek sound will not work too. Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, using the latest drivers, enabling/ disabling but no sound. The odd thing about it is when I play a song with either windows media player or groove the song is registering in the sound bar but you cant here anything. Ive also  noticed the creative media source player doesn't work this will now not play any music what so ever. But if I reload windows 10 1809 everything works fine. Anyone with any ideas

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,

Can you provide the following information which may help determine any issue(s):

Windows Key + R > type msinfo32 in the "Open" box > OK > File > Save > then save as an .nfo file

Then make the resulting .nfo file available via a public folder on OneDrive or similar site.

Also, can you do the following:

Windows Key + R > type eventvwr in the "Open" box > OK > expand "Custom Views" and then right-click "Administrative Events" > select "Save all events in Custom View As" and save as an .evtx file

Then make the resulting .evtx file available via a public folder on OneDrive or similar site.

Here's a link on using OneDrive:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/share-...

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi I have made a copy of both those files and stored them in a one drive personal folder. ive never used one drive before and ive never had a problem before but what im worried about is I don't know you on the other end you might be a scammer even though you trying to help me. I did actually revert back to 1809 before you sent a reply because I tried evey way to fix this but to avail so ive now gone back to 1909 to copy the files you wanted. I had a look at the info32 file and event file. in the info file it said the soundcard was ok no conflicts, yes as said before it is playing a music file but you cant hear anything.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, 

I'm writing because I had a similar problem to yours with my SB Audigy 2 sound card recently, and this fixed it:

SB Audigy 2 zs is an old sound card, so it doesn't really support Windows 10

However, there are unofficial drivers made by Daniel K, they can be found [here]

You can read through the page if you want, to be beware of any problems which might occur (It should be fine though for just installing the drivers)

I'd recommend doing a backup of your personal files, it's always good to have one in case something goes wrong

I had no problems doing this and your files are most likely safe, but a backup is never wrong.

When you're ready to start, do the following:

• To begin, download the drivers. The download link is on the bottom of the page linked above and refers to a Google Drive download
  • When the download is finished, go to the downloaded file and double-click it to extract the files, a window will pop up and you can choose a folder where to put the extracted files
  • Go into the folder where you extracted the files, there should be a program called "Setup", double click it to start the driver installation
  • Follow the steps in the setup, and choose "Full Installation"
  • The drivers should begin installing, when they are done, you will be prompted to restart the computer, then do that

When your computer has restarted, the problem might already be solved, so try and see if the sound works (And remember to check the sound settings so that you have the right device selected)

If there is still no sound (which was the case for me) then you can try doing the following:

• Go to this creative site [here] and download the drivers, you might have to complete some CAPTCHA of sorts
  • For the next step, you will need an extraction program, so if you don't have one, go ahead and install one. I used [WinRAR], but other extractors work as well.
  • Extract the driver you just downloaded, it should be named "SBA5_PCDRV_L11_3_01_0056B"
  • When extracted, go into the new unextracted folder, then to Audio -> DriversWin10 -> wdm
  • There should be a file called "wdma_emu.inf", right click this and choose "Install"
  • Restart your computer

These steps fixed my SB sound card, so if you still don't have sound I'm afraid I'm out of ideas

10 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Can you provide a link to the files?

If you wish you can email me the files instead of providing a link. My email address is in my profile.

I delete all files afterwards.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi I downloaded the files and the drivers started to load but this crashed the pc and I had to restart. To be honest ive gone back to 1809 for now everything works fine on this, well it did the creative media software has now stopped working so ive deleated this but the soundcard still works fine and I can play all music files. I did contact a Microsoft advisor who basically said because the soundcard is so old as windows 10 evolves old hardware isn't supported or becomes incompatable which seems a cop out but I kind of understand where hes coming from. Thanks for your help on this a new soundcard is probably the way to go its a shame because the Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro is a bloody good card and ive got 2 off them in different pcs the other pc I havn't touch and is at 1809. Ive got until next spring when 1809 becomes unsupported.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry to hear it didn't work out, but good luck with your new sound card!

Sorry this didn't help.

I had no sound after 1903 and 1909 updates. I now have sound after uninstalling Realtek through the Device Manager (Sound, video and game controllers) and restarting the computer. Realtek has been replaced automatically by "High Definition Audio Device" and is working fine. I don't know what the mechanics of this are. I'm just happy it worked for me.

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried your second option after trying the first one which did not work but get an error message "The selected INF-file does not support this instalation method" Any idea what this means? Did I maybe instal the wrong package of DanielKs first option? Or am fresh out of luck? Im on Windows 10 1909 now. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, 

I'm writing because I had a similar problem to yours with my SB Audigy 2 sound card recently, and this fixed it:

SB Audigy 2 zs is an old sound card, so it doesn't really support Windows 10

However, there are unofficial drivers made by Daniel K, they can be found [here]

You can read through the page if you want, to be beware of any problems which might occur (It should be fine though for just installing the drivers)

I'd recommend doing a backup of your personal files, it's always good to have one in case something goes wrong

I had no problems doing this and your files are most likely safe, but a backup is never wrong.

When you're ready to start, do the following:

• To begin, download the drivers. The download link is on the bottom of the page linked above and refers to a Google Drive download
  • When the download is finished, go to the downloaded file and double-click it to extract the files, a window will pop up and you can choose a folder where to put the extracted files
  • Go into the folder where you extracted the files, there should be a program called "Setup", double click it to start the driver installation
  • Follow the steps in the setup, and choose "Full Installation"
  • The drivers should begin installing, when they are done, you will be prompted to restart the computer, then do that

When your computer has restarted, the problem might already be solved, so try and see if the sound works (And remember to check the sound settings so that you have the right device selected)

If there is still no sound (which was the case for me) then you can try doing the following:

• Go to this creative site [here] and download the drivers, you might have to complete some CAPTCHA of sorts
  • For the next step, you will need an extraction program, so if you don't have one, go ahead and install one. I used [WinRAR], but other extractors work as well.
  • Extract the driver you just downloaded, it should be named "SBA5_PCDRV_L11_3_01_0056B"
  • When extracted, go into the new unextracted folder, then to Audio -> DriversWin10 -> wdm
  • There should be a file called "wdma_emu.inf", right click this and choose "Install"
  • Restart your computer

These steps fixed my SB sound card, so if you still don't have sound I'm afraid I'm out of ideas

I have been looking for a solution for this for quite some time.. I have always used Daniel K Drivers for my Audigy 2ZS without any issues.. That is until the 1903,1909 Update. I always has to revert back to get the audio Back.. If you go by the Instructions it should work without issues.. Thanks a Bunch,,, Regards.. Shawn

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi i wanted to update windows 10 to run on the latest 1909 so i downloaded these drivers as stated by yourself and they didn't work, they actually crashed my pc so i went back to windows 10 1809 which the sound card works perfect. The creative audigy 2zs is a great card and its such a pain creative won't support it with windows 10 drivers. But what i don't understand is the card works perfect in windows 10 up to ver 1809. After 1809 when 1903 came along the card would function but you couldn't hear any sound even though in the soundbar you could see the bar going up abd down. Its as if microsoft has stopped you actually hearing the sound. 

Paul

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 27, 2020 Views 4,820 Applies to: