No signal on TV when connected PC to it using HDMI cable

Original title: HMDI CABLES FROM PC TO TV

HI AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL ? AV GOT ANOTHER PROBLEM WITH MY PC OR TV I HAVE JUST GOT A ONE OF THESE LEADS THAT LINK YOUR PCLAP TOP TO YOUR TV ITS HDMI CABLE ? MY LAP TOP IS A DELL INSPIRON1525 / AND MY TV IS A LG/ 42INCH SCREEN NOW IT MAKES A RIGHT BUM OF ME AT TIMES ?  AS SOME TIMES  AS WHEN YOU PLUG THE LEAD IN I AM GETING NO SIGNAL OR SO IT SAYS ON THE TV ? BUT THE TV IS COS IT IS GETTING A CHANGE OF COLOUR ON THE HDMI SYMBOL WHEN I DO SO (WHAT I MEAN IS THAT IF I UNPLUG IT SOME TIMES IT DOSE NOT PICK IT BACK UP ONCE I PLUG IT BACK IN ) I HAVE HAD THREE LEADS NOW SO IT IS NOT THE LEAD ?? AV GOT 2 PCS A DESKTOP ONE AND THIS ON AND TO BE HONEST I THINK THE PROBLEM IS THIS LAP TOP OR TV ??? I JUST THOUGHT IT MAY BE SOME THING LIKE A DRIVER OR SCREEN SIZE OR TV ?  AS SOME TIMES ITS IS PLUGED IN IT WORKS STRAGHT AWAY ???? AM STUCK ???NEVER TRYED MY OTHER PC AS IT IS THIS ONE I WANT TO PLAY MY FILMS OR WHAT EVA ON ??? THIS PC IS ONLY NEW NOT OLD AND I KNOW EVERY THING CAN HAVE FAULTS ???? IT WORKS GREAT IN EVERY OTHER WAY ???? AND AS FOR TRYING MY OTHER  PC IT IS UP STAIRS AND A BIT OF A MESS ABOUT TO TRY IT ?  MAY BE THE ONLY OTHER THING TO TRY BUT ??? AS YOU LOT IN THE PAST HAVE FIXED LOADS OF MY PROBLEMS I THOUGHT I WOULD ASK THE BRAIN BOXES ON HERE            CHEERS THANKS JOHN LISHMAN

Answer
Answer

Hi John,

As of now, I would suggest you to try the steps mentioned below.

Method 1: Connect a Standard VGA display to the computer and check if it works

a.    Click Start and click Control Panel and then click on Personalization.

b.    Click on Display Settings.

c.    Under Display Settings click the Settings Tab.

d.    Then Select the monitor display from the drop down under Display.

e.    Put a checkmark against “Extend my Windows Desktop onto this monitor”.

f.     Click on Apply and then click the Advanced Button.

g.    Click the Graphics card tab that is installed on the computer, for example, Intel Graphics media Accelerator, and then click the Graphics properties button under Advanced.

h.    Next, under the Display devices select Television as Single Display and under Multiple Display Select primary device as television and secondary device as notebook or laptop.

i.     Click on Ok on all the windows to close the Display properties.

Check if this works.

Method 2: Update your video drivers

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Update-a-driver-for-hardware-that-isnt-working-properly

Regards,

Mouneshwar R – Microsoft Support

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit ourMicrosoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

77 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 19, 2022 Views 114,397 Applies to: