No signal after connecting Lenovo laptop to my TV using HDMI

I have connected my Lenovo laptop to my tv using hdmi cable but no signal on tv. I m using widows 10

pl. help

[Original title: hdmi]

Hello Pratapshah,

I'd like to know more about the challenge you're experiencing with setting your TV as a secondary display for your laptop. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Is this the first time you're connecting your laptop to your TV?
  • Are you getting any error messages?
  • Is your TV set to HDMI input?
  • Have you installed the latest updates for Windows 10?
  • What is the current OS Build of your Windows 10 system? Click the Start button, type About your PC, press Enter, and then scroll down to Windows specifications to find this information.

We need to modify the display settings of your laptop whenever we connect it to a secondary display. You can either set it to duplicate the display or extend it. For more information about setting up multiple displays in Windows 10, see this support article.

If the issue continues, you can run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. This diagnostic tool will scan and fix your laptop for any issues with your device drivers including your display adapter driver. You will need administrative permission to perform this task.

1. Right-click the Start button, select Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot.
  2. Select Hardware and Devices under Find and fix other problems.
  3. Click Run the troubleshooter.
  4. If prompted, click Yes or enter the administrator password.
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions.

To notify us and have us get back to you, simply reply to this post.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 30, 2024 Views 11,009 Applies to: