No punctuation marks and Bengali numerics in Microsoft's Windows 10 built in Bengali[Bangladesh] inscript keyboard

There is no Bengali numeric in Windows 10 built in Bengali inscript keyboard and no Punctuation marks . These is so irritating and frustrating . Bengali is world's 7th largest language by the number of speakers . People of Bangladesh and several Indian provinces uses Bengali . So if the keyboard does not support any Bengali punctuation marks or numeric then how do we write ? Bengali speaking people have to use third party keyboard for typing Bengali numeric and punctuation marks. 

Here is the Windows 10 built in Bengali inscript keyboard layout and look at that, see you won't find any numeric or punctuation marks . Keys are assigned to different letters and there is no punctuation marks . 

So I request Microsoft to add these vital missing things to Bengali inscript keyboard in Windows 10 . Also review the other Indian Languages keyboard as if they also facing the same problem . 

Answer
Answer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums. 

We have tried to simulate the issue on our system, I see that the punctuation signs like ! are not available in Bangla (Bangladesh) keyboard, however you can find it on Bangla(India) keyboard, to access numerical values you can press the AltGr  key on the keyboard and type the value. However, I also suggest you to send your feedback to Microsoft using the feedback hub app that will help us make Windows better.

Regards,

Amit Sunar
Microsoft Community – Moderator

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 27, 2024 Views 2,751 Applies to: