no opengl acceleration with HD 3000 on windows 10

Intel user told me on intels foum, that since my HD 3000 is no longer supported by them with a driver, that windows will supply it, whichit does.

Trouble is it seems MS is not providing any opengl support and some programs that I need a lot, use only opengl acceleration.

Does this mean I have to go back to  windows 8.1 since intel does provide a 3d acceleration drive that does have opengl 3d acceleration ?

thx

lbj

Question Info

Last updated October 20, 2019 Views 4,769 Applies to:

Hi Lee,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated. 

I’m sorry to know that you have issues with OpenGL acceleration with HD 3000 on  Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and I will be happy to assist you with this.

I suggest you to install the drivers from the manufacturer website in Compatibility Mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

a. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

b. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.

c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows (Previous operating system) operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Also refer the suggestions given by Andre De Costa on “How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10 “in the below article and check if that helps:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_devices/how-to-install-and-update-drivers-in-windows-10/a97bbbd1-9973-4d66-9a5b-291300006293

Please let us know, if you need any further help and we would be glad to assist you further.
Thank you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I tried everything from the url you sent me, but nothing worked I'm afraid.

I know my system is operating very subpar, given typing this message, and having to occasionally backspace, is causing severe lag, even in microsofts new flagship product, edge, which was working just great.

I think upgrading to 10, removed opengl acceleration from my HD 3000, because dxdiag only shows acceleration for directdraw, d3d and agp texture.

Does edge not use dx11 which my HD 3000 supports directly, for browser acceleration ?

I know also, its not my cpu,ts a i5 2540M which is more than adequate for windows 10.

I have no other apps open atm , just edge.

thx!

lee

neighborlee

Sorry this didn't help.

Moving back to Windows 7 gave me back my very needed 3d acceleration, but I still am hoping there is a fix or driver update for Windows 10 because I did very much like the OS.

I was told to 'get back' to this thread if I needed more help, but no help has come and Im very disappointed honestly.

Is MS support going down hilll just in time for its new flagship product ?

Im calling redmond suppport line, maybe I'll get help there.

Thx?

lbj

neighborlee

Sorry this didn't help.

Earth to HELP offering, from VK 'support eningeer', IM stil waiting, for a response, on why MS isn't offering a accelerated driver, neither is intel or lenovo.

mY 'HD 3000' may be slowISh  or slowest of the gpu's on cpu, but it works great in windows 7, so whats stopping 'somebody from creating a driver for it,it seems everyone is dropping the ball with their fingers in their ears, all while im ASSAULTED daily, with prompts telling me to instal windows 10!!

How ironic.

Windows 7 hasn 't let me down, no wonder so many aren't moving over to 10.

I'm ok using 7 for now, but I was ok using 10 as well, until I had no acceleration,, then what do I do when 7 is no longer supported, be forced  to upgade  my hardware that works perfectly  fine ?

I'm not leaving this thread until I get a answer I was promised, above.

tx

lbj

neighborlee

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Lee,

Microsoft offers drivers for some hardware with its Operating system which perform only the basic functionality. However the drivers that are needed for optimum functioning of a device is coded, designed and released by the device manufacturers.

Please contact the device manufacturer and find if they have a latest driver or when they are expected to release one.  

Vinod Archak
Forum Moderator

Sorry this didn't help.