No Bootable Device Found

Hi, 

I have a persisting problem with my operating system, which has already been repaired TWICE by a professional. 

Every now and then my laptop will just boot up with no bios and a "no bootable device found" error message, and when I put in a USB with the right version of windows 10 to repair this can't even reset the laptop let alone repair/ or patch the corrupt files. 

The first time this happened the laptop ran out of battery during an update, which was fixed professionally. However, the penultimate time it happened the laptop ran out of battery yet wasn't installing or downloading any updates. this time, the laptop was shut down properly, with no updates running and still plugged into the charger (I never let it run out of battery fully now). 

I am obviously unwilling to pay again to get another repair done on a laptop that has in total cost well in excess of £1000 with repairs. 

Windows, please tell me a solution to this problem that keeps persisting. There are no viruses and laptop has not been damaged in anyway. 

Many Thanks.

Moved from:  Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate

It sounds like Windows 10 is not properly installed.

Go to a working computer, download, create a bootable copy then perform a clean install.

Step 1: How to download official Windows 10 ISO files 

Step 2: 

Best,
Andre
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I did this last time I had the same error message which didn't work, which then meant I needed to pay for someone else to back up and repair the laptop. 

I got Windows 10 by updating from Windows 8 when it was released. I cannot revert back to windows 8 either with this problem or go to a restore point once I plug in the USB drive with windows on to repair. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 7, 2019 Views 187 Applies to: