No aspect ratio option in camera app Windows 10?

Thanks in advance to whoever reads this. I just need to get help changing the aspect ratio of my laptop camera. I have read most of what I can find on changing aspect ratio, but the option to do so is not in my settings for the camera app?

Also. . .  the image while using the camera seems very close as well and I have no options to zoom out.

Hi Aina,

The aspect ratio of the Camera app can be changed in the app settings itself. Just open the Camera app, then click on the ellipsis on the top right corner to open Settings. Under Photos, click the drop-down for the Aspect ratio and change it to either 4:3 or 16:9.

If you don't see these options, please take a screenshot of the page and share it with us so we can further check on the issue.

By the way, what's the current build and version of Windows 10 you're on? To check, type in Winver in Cortana search and click it in the search results.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey Vanessa,

Unfortunately I can't do any changes right now as my computer is somehow corrupted from installing the features update. I can say however, that I never had a ellipsis on the top right of the camera app screen. I did have a gear which lead me to the options tab, but the aspect ratio option was not on screen. In fact I had no 'video section' within settings tab to choose from (which lead me to think the features update was what I needed to resolve the issue).

Once I figure out how to do this fix for the features update and reopen my camera app I will let you know?!?!

Thanks for the reply.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Not a problem, Aina. By the way, were you able to successfully install the feature update? If not, did you receive any error messages when you tried installing the update?

In the meantime, you may check out Recovery options in Windows 10 for some recovery options that you may try to get your computer working again.

Feel free to get back to us anytime.

Regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Vanessa. . .  again, 

I finally got this laptop working the way it should, still no option for aspect ratio. 

My build version is copy and paste from window: Version 1709 (OS Build 162299.129)

Here is the screenshot

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Aina,

We appreciate you getting back to us. Since you have already tried some troubleshooting steps and the issue still persists, we recommend that you refer to this support link on how to troubleshoot Camera app and webcams.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Went to the link and went through everything I thought it could be. . . Checked drivers, reset the app - still nothing. . . Are there updates for the app (specifically the camera app) I may not have yet? 

Last time I tried doing the "features" update and it crashed the laptop - some sort of corruption I was told.

I am, at a loss. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You may also try downloading the Camera app via Microsoft Store. Here's the link. This is for us to make sure that you have the latest Camera app. If the issue still persists. We would suggest that you refer to your app developer for further assistance.

Keep us in the loop with the result. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 19, 2024 Views 732 Applies to: