No administrator privileges on Windows 7

Hi,

I just bought a new Toshiba laptop today, and set it up. Everything seemed to go smoothly, until I tried to delete the one of the silly desktop shortcuts that was preinstalled by Toshiba. Then User Account Control took over and said that I needed to be logged in as the Administrator to do this. It said that I have to type a password and click yes, or no. There is no space to enter a password, and the 'Yes' box is disabled. My only choice is to click the 'No' and go back to the drawing board.

The same happens when I tried to install Adobe Flash Player. I also tried to change my account (which is marked as a 'Standard Account' into an Administrator one, but the same message occurs. This is very frustrating, what use is a computer if I can't delete or install the programmes I want to use?!
Answer
Answer
Thank you for your response! Before you replied, I went back to the shop where I bought it, where the computer technicians sorted it out for me. They enabled the administrator account from some options they managed to get to after the boot screen.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Hi,
 there is a simple basic solution , just restart u r system ..as usual press F8 ,it brings you into booting option screen,
 choose SAFE MODE option, in few seconds it automatically brings you in to two users login screen,...
 your account and inbuilt administrator account is there , no password for that administrator account ..just click it and now u can access - control panel -user accounts - page, just change your accont type to STANDARD User to administrator....thats it..
Restart your PC ...enjoy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 16, 2023 Views 328 Applies to: