Newly installed Windows10 Home doesn't list GeForce 1650 card under Device Manager, can't install driver

I just installed Windows 10 Home edition on my PC. It has a GeForce 1650 graphics card installed. The video display is working, in that my monitor HDMI is plugged in to the card and the display works. However, Device Manager shows only "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" under the Display Adapters list.

When I download the driver from nvidia.com, it runs a system check and says, "This NVIDIA driver is not compatible with this version of Windows" (472.12-desktop-win10-win11-64bit-international-whql) I also tried 472.84-desktop-win10-win11-64bit-international-nsd-whql and get the same error.

Help, I can't get Windows to work with the GeForce 1650!

What exact model desktop? Make sure you are connected to the video card at the lower back and not to the integrated video on the upper part of the back. You cannot use both at the same time. Check your manual at manufacturer's Support site.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello, I’m Virginia, I have 20 years of expertise in fixing my own & friends’ PC problems.
Sorry to hear you’re experiencing problems. May I ask which Windows 10 build are you running - 2004, 20H2, 21H1 or 21H2?

Is the card the GeForce GTX 1650?
I would ensure Windows is fully up to date by running Windows update until no further updates are found.
Once complete I would then retry installing the nVidia driver. You can also download the GeForce experience to automate the download of the correct driver.
Virginia - Time Lady.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

https://www.nvidia.com/geforce/geforce-experience/

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products).
Please do not download any repair tool which may be offered by this site other than the ones I mention/recommend.
Thoroughly research any product which is mentioned here before you decide to download and install it.
Virginia - Time Lady.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

What version of windows have you installed. Type winver in Search and select the top result, post back the result. You should be looking at 21H2 ideally or at least 20H2.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you managed to solve your problem?
Virginia - Time Lady.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 5, 2024 Views 535 Applies to: