New software update for Nokia X2 Dual SIM: Nokia X Software Platform 2.1 (2.1.0.11/2.1.0.12/2.1.0.13)

Great news!

Today we have started rolling out a new software update for the Nokia X2 Dual SIM (RM-1013) owners. This is a major/global release, bringing the phone software version to Nokia X Software Platform 2.1 (2.1.0.11/2.1.0.12/2.1.0.13), and will be available via OTA (Over-The-Air).

Key features of the update include:

• Capture fast-moving objects with the new Smart Mode, and create unique photos by using the Action shot, Best shot, or Motion blur options.
  • Make your phone more personal than ever with live wallpapers and new lock screen widgets.
  • Keep your life synced with OneDrive and OneNote. Get up to 15 GB of personal storage space on OneDrive, and sync up to 500 notes to OneNote.
  • Access your favorite Google services. You can now sync your Google contacts, and access your Gmail inbox.
  • Find your way anywhere with HERE Maps - get turn-by-turn voice guidance with a free global navigation license. Requires additional HERE Maps update from Store.
  • Updated Store - new design to help you find content more easily, and better integration with 3rd-party stores.
  • Added local calendar support, call reject with a message, parental controls for Store, landscape support for mail and messaging, and auto-configuration of mail accounts.

By default your phone is set to automatically check for updates every 8 days and you will be notified when an update is available for download. You can also instantly check for updates by going to Settings > About Phone > System Updates and tapping Check Now.

The update package is 200+ MB, so for the best update experience we recommend that you use a Wi-Fi connection to download the update. Find the further update instructions from here.

See also: 

https://www.nokia.com/global/nokia-x2-update/

http://conversations.nokia.com/2014/09/08/new-updates-nokia-x2/

http://www.youtube.com/embed/6-o48bc1OTw

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

With the new update of Nokia X2 which is v2.1.0.11, google map has installed and running without any problem. I am happy to get this new upadate...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

With Google services support, can we also access Play Store? And does it bring any change to WhatsApp support?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

i dont know whether the update supports playstore or not but today 3-9-2014 i updated my whatsapp and it worked very fine without giving the error SORRY YOUR DEVICE IS NOT SUPPORTED i think the new update of whatsapp supports nokia x family

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Ive noticed the live wallpaper funcion and took advantage on it. And also on the camera which is suprisingly great! But how can I manage the lockscreen widget from this new update?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I got the notification yesterday that my phone has a new update (2.1.0.11) and I downloaded the update today. It downloaded completely and Installed. But after the resatart, my phone stopped working. No start menu, no fastlane, but the notification tray. I can just go to settings using the notification tray. and it continuously shows "Nokia keyboard has stopped working". What can I do for this issue?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sehan:

Not sure what went wrong here, but you could try to recover the phone using Nokia Software Recovery tool: http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/support/faq/?action=singleTopic&topic=FA142987

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

kyle1928:

You need to first go to "settings -> security -> turn on widgets". Then go to the phone lock screen and swipe left -> you should see the option to add widgets.

Not that many readily preinstalled apps can be added as widgets (e.g. on my phone I could see calendar and Twitter only), but 3rd party apps where the "widget" option has been included should also appear here. Max. 4 pages/widgets can be added at a time. 

Hope this helps :)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

singhnsk:

we now have this FAQ online: http://www.nokia.com/in-en/support/product/nokia-x/faq/?action=singleTopic&topic=FA143874

as for the Play Store support - no changes to that. Nokia Store + selected 3rd party stores are still the main places to get apps. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

BUT here is the camera focusing issue in dark..... in nokia X2DS updates 2.1.0.11 you can't focus in dark like NOKIA Older Version 2.0.0.11 firmware... now in 2.1 every time you touch screen in dark LED Flash isn't workin like in 2.0 :( 

i mean WTF microsoft is doin.... 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Just bought this phone today. Afterwards, I saw this update and I immediately updated it. After this 2.1.0.11 update, I just noticed flickering when I swipe the lockscreen. Anyone of you experienced the same? I'm just not sure if it's a software bug or if it's a phone defect.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 31, 2023 Views 132 Applies to: