New login to win10 desktop every minute. Correct login code, but what to do to stop these constantly repeating logins?

I start up and use my Toshiba Satellite laptop with Windows 10 as always. it goes through the usual login, acessing my start screen with all my different apps and programs listed. But every time I leave the computer alone for 1 minute, the screen goes black but the machine keeps running as normal. And when I touch any button at my keyboard, I am suddenly back to the login page, and need to type the code again. When this is done the machine goes directly right back to where it was before I left it for the one minute, and I can keep on what ever I was doing, so no programs or anything is being interferenced by this login. But when it keep happening every time I leave the typing alone for one minute i am back to the log in page....Why is this happening, and what do I have to do to stop this completely idiotic behavoiur? I am no pro at laptops, but have never had a problem like this, because still after hours looking through the setup and different settings on all type of either programs, apps, Security, etc, I still have not found a way to get rid of it. Somebody out there who can help me? And please excuse me for my not so perfect English, but I hope some of you can understand what my problem is, and tell me what to do....As far as I have understood, it may have something to do with the Security settings in any way, but..........

Hello Martin,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

You might face this issue if the screen timeout is changed.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1.      Right click on the desktop and click on Personalization.

2.      Click on Lock screen

3.      On the bottom of the screen click on Screen Timeout.

4.      Under screen select the Time period accordingly.

Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Martin,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

You might face this issue if the screen timeout is changed.

I suggestyou to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1.      Right click on the desktop and click on Personalization.

2.      Click on Lock screen

3.      On the bottom of the screen click on Screen Timeout.

4.      Under screen select the Time period accordingly.

Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Hi. Thank you for helping me with suggestion on what hte problem may be, but this wasnt the actual problem. And it seems to me that I have tried everything in the "normal" menu for Windows, but I cant find the eventual option which seems to be set to one minute, and I have been trying for some days now. Not all day of course, but long enough to almost give up and try to restore the computer to a earlier point in time to try if that will get rid of this very irritating problem! All I beleive after all these attempts is that it may have something with Security and login checks to do. That the machine "restarts" to Windows login to check if the user is a person who knows the code/password as an extra Security option. But it gets a bit extreme to do this every 60 seconds, and this still hasnt helped me finding the right option to change this. So, what would you do? I recently entered system settings for the computer outside Windows, where I was given a bunch of options of all kind, but I choosed "standard settings" there today so I know that it isnt anything there that is giving me this headache. I am empty of own suggestions, just looking everywhere inside Windows menu for the solution. Any more suggestion from anyone??

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem with Toshiba Satellite Lapdtop.  I think the problem started when I applied Windows10 updates a couple of weeks ago.   Thinking about trying a System Restore back a few weeks.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Have you tried following the troubleshooting steps provided by Anju Thekkethil? 

If the issue persists, we suggest that you follow these steps:

Method 1: Perform a clean boot in Windows. A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows. Please refer to this link for more information.

Method 2: Boot into Windows 10 and then go to the manufacturer's website, install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 17, 2023 Views 370 Applies to: