Network issues with KB4512941

Installed KB4512941 then when windows started the network cables were not found even thou they were plugged in on both onboard card and network card. Thought at first it was a driver issue then after uninstalling reinstalling updating (no updates latest drivers) so couldn't find a way to connect other than wifi dongle which worked so I wasn't sure what caused the issue.

Uninstalled KB4512941 and everything was working again without needing to change any settings.

My onboard is an Intel nic on MSI pro carbon x370 and the network card that I use is a Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet, for now I have disabled windows updates, not sure what the issue is at all but for now at least everything is working correctly.

The update didn't only effect the network cards but I was getting freezes on screen so maybe there is another issue with the update on my system other than just the network cards, atm no issues at all after the update was uninstalled.

This update has been proving troublesome for many. After uninstall, you will need to block it also otherwise it will install again.

Microsoft has provided a tool Show/Hide Updates tool to block the update
Download the tool from below link
http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/2/2/f2...
When you run this troubleshooter, it will search for available updates and list them
Select the update which you want to hide. Click Next and follow on-screen directions

Also send a feedback to Windows development team for this KB.
Windows Key+F > Send feedback
Best regards
Vijay Verma

Timezone: UTC+05:30, PST+12:30
Availability Hours (UTC) : 05:00 AM - 05:00 PM

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for replying, that app tool will come in handy again but hopefully not, sent feedback on the issue with basic details.

Sorry this didn't help.

Welcome
Best regards
Vijay Verma

Timezone: UTC+05:30, PST+12:30
Availability Hours (UTC) : 05:00 AM - 05:00 PM

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok so a week after this you patched windows and broke the network again, then I uninstalled and blocked update, but then you patched it again and broke the network a third time only this time I can not uninstall the updates any of them and windows says everything is fine with all the scans I have done.

Leaving me on wifi only not the best when your trying to do certain things, I have tried everything to get rid of the updates and at this point I think the only option I actually have is to do a clean install a fresh, but why do that when you'd just send me an update and break it all over again, see this issue is created by your coding and lack of software testing I have seen so many people talking about one thing or another being broken.

Really frustrating for any of us with issues when we find a work around even given tools to block them, why keep sending out updates when there is clearly a big problem why can't you just let us decide what we do and don't want what is wrong with that, I don't get to decide if it even downloads it just does it after the time has run out on me blocking windows from updating.

I don't need updates all the time really not a happy person these last few weeks as I have spent a lot of time trying to fix things you forced upon me, you used to be so much better and this new way of managing windows is so frustrating and I am going to do zero effort if you somehow break my wifi as well then I'll be at a total loss sort it out test this stuff I know I'm not the only one having problems but I didn't create them.

I'll be real honest here if there was a real viable option to switch from windows to another OS that allowed full gaming support without any issues I'd switch in a flash and I'd expect a lot of us would, but reality there isn't atm real shame cause I am getting really fed up of this and I'm trying to keep my calm but I am like others not feeling that way.

Oh and System Restore yea I created restore points at every chance I could since the first issue, but when I go to restore oh it's not there for me to revert back to so that feature is absolutely broken for me great.

But sfc / scannow says everything is as it should be awesome.

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 8, 2020 Views 60 Applies to: