Network Adapter Driver not installed?

A couple weeks ago, my network adapter started disappearing sporadically (it would be under hidden in the device manager).

I got tired of dealing and uninstalled it.

Then I got a new copy (idk if its the same or a different but its the same brand-- Intel (R) Dual Wireless-AC 8265 was the old one anyway)

It worked for five days then did the same thing.

Device manager gives me error code 45 saying its physically not installed, but my friend says drivers are software.

I've tried several troubleshooters and some random stuff (Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter.Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.) I have restarted several times.

Device manager says its up to date when it exists.

Hello erbmrc,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
  1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
  2. Click OK.
  • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
  • What is the exact make and model of device?
  • Are you getting any error messages?

Meanwhile, I'd recommend performing the steps in this article to troubleshoot network connection issues in Windows 10.

If the issue persists, there is a possibility that your wireless card has been disabled in the BIOS. You can check the steps from your computer's manufacturer website.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

version 1803 OS build 17134.319.

I really feel like the change was a specific wifi environment i started using. It only starts the disappearing thing on campus and didn't do it before i started being on campus.

Intel (R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 is my driver

I got error code 45 saying the device needed to be physically re plugged in (idk how to do that)

I tried some of those solutions from that exact article before, but I think most of them are more setting/very software problem related and i don't think its a settings things because i didn't mess with the settings or such before it started.

The problem is very sporadic: currently i uninstalled and reinstalled my driver and its working again, but last time i did that, it worked for a week and then stopped again (again, no differentiating factor, except the weekend happened and i came back onto campus wifi) I really don't see how wifi could affect a driver, but its the only corollary i can see.

I am not a technology person, so idk if this makes sense and answers all your questions.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, it worked for a half hour, then I closed my laptop and it didn't work for the rest of the day. 

At the very end of the day, the driver was just disabled, so this morning I just enabled it.

It worked for about half and hour then just stopped. I didn't even close it or move this time.

So currently the troubleshooters aren't even saying they can't detect the driver, they just say they don't know the problem.

On the device manager, it's back to being hidden and saying code 45 under properties (reconnect the hardware device) idk how it could have disconnected just sitting there...

Sometimes running the intel fix problems thing (Intel PROset/Wireless Software repair option) helps, sometimes it doesn't.

Sometimes it will say success but do nothing. sometimes it will say success and make me restart. Sometimes I do it once, sometimes several times and the wifi comes back, but usually it doesn't work.

I managed to check for updates under settings today, but the computers said it was up to date.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

uninstall the  network adapter driver and its  associated software completely,  restart the windows ,  after get  updated drivers  from windows update or through device manager

I am working as a Mathematics lecturer in a PU college.
Windows11_Pro_64bit_23H2_buildno_22631.3593_MS.office365_C2R_2401_v17531.20152_Intel_i5_13500_Nvidia3060_12GB_GDDR6_RAM_32GB_5600_Storage 6TB.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I uninstalled the driver twice now and reinstalled the driver from the manufacturer, Intel. Since it is my network driver, I can't use windows update or device manager to get an update because that update would come from the internet which I can't get on. I also got a new error code momentarily (error code 10 can't access device, i believe?) Would rolling back the adapter help since I've already reinstalled it twice?

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

find the hardware id of network adapter, copy the id  , then search in Google to get matched driver 
I am working as a Mathematics lecturer in a PU college.
Windows11_Pro_64bit_23H2_buildno_22631.3593_MS.office365_C2R_2401_v17531.20152_Intel_i5_13500_Nvidia3060_12GB_GDDR6_RAM_32GB_5600_Storage 6TB.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This is what i've already used when i've reinstalled it (twice).

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Would the wireless card/bios thing be sporadic like my problem or involve the network adapter (is that a different system)? If it can, can you explain how to check that more because idk what that even means.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

kgtrsesd

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 30, 2024 Views 1,373 Applies to: