Neither McAfee Live Safe nor Email app [among others] open on Windows 10

When I first had Windows 10, I could open my hotmail with the "Mail" app, but not with going to Hotmail.com [I would get the 20 or so lines of emails listed, but couldn't open them or do anything else].  Then suddenly, a month later, I could access my hotmail both ways.  Then, just as quickly one day, I was back to only being able to use the "mail" app.

NOW, however, starting yesterday, I can't access my hotmail ANY way, not even through the "mail" app.  Also, can't access internet via Microsoft Edge, can't open weather app or virtually any one.  Also, can't open McAfee Live safe protection program. 

HELP!  Dell desktop is only 4 months old and I've had more problems with it and Windows 10 than I did for 8+ years with previous Dell desktop and Windows XP.  Also, HATE calling Microsoft and getting someone in India or Philippines who wasn't able to fix the problem in the 1st paragraph.

Bob

Answer
Answer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenienced caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

1. What exactly happen when you try to access the Hotmail using browser? Did you received any error message or error code?

2. Did you try accessing the email account on Internet explorer? If yes, what is the status?

3. What happen when you try to open the Weather app? Any error message?

Go to the msn webpage on the browser and check for the weather if it is reflecting correct. Please let us know the status.

Meanwhile, let’s try the simple steps and check is this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

For the issue with app, I recommend you to run app troubleshooter and check if it helps. Follow the below link to run app troubleshooter.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2.

I suggest you to run Microsoft safety scanner. If a computer is infected by a virus, lots of resources will be taken up to greatly slow down computer performance. To run virus scan (Microsoft Safety Scanner) click on the below link:

http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Method 3.

For the issue with McAfee, I suggest you to uninstall and re-install application and check. 

1. Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.

2. Click on Programs and features, locate for McAfee, right click on it and uninstall it.

Hope this helps. Let us know the result.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 8, 2023 Views 183 Applies to: