Need to trick Windows 10 into recognizing USB digital binoculars

Hi there! I really need some help. I just bought some digital binoculars from the store, only to discover it was so outdated that Windows 10 won't even recognize the USB device. The company, MerchSource, keeps offering to send me a CD, which does not make me confident that this will ever work in Windows 10. HOWEVER. I was hoping someone here has some suggestions for tricking Windows 10 into recognizing a USB device for which specific drivers might not exist. Like, does anyone know if there's a generic "camera" or "binoculars" or "microscope" type of driver that might pick up the device? Huge thanks for any help.

Sharper Image branded 10 X 25 Digital Camera Binoculars

Thanks in advance!

-Karen

Hi Karen,

You can try installing the USB digital dinoculars in compatibility mode. Though the drivers available are not compatible with Windows 10, it still has to be downloaded and installed on your computer and make it function using any of the older versions of Windows.

Download and install the driver for the most recent Windows version that your digital camera is compatible with on your Windows 10 computer. Make sure digital camera is already connected to your computer. Once done, follow the steps below to proceed:

1. Locate and right-click the driver file of the digital camera, then click Troubleshoot compatibility.
  2. Click on Troubleshoot program.
  3. Check the The program worked in earlier versions of Windows but won't install or run now option, then click Next.
  4. Click Windows 7 (or Windows 8), then hit Next.
  5. Click Test the program.

Please let me know how it goes so we can further check on your concern.

Regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Oh, this looks really promising. Thanks, I'll try it and check back in! I really appreciate it. <3

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

"I just bought some digital binoculars from the store, only to discover it was so outdated that Windows 10 won't even recognize the USB device"

"Dinoculars...because they're so OUTDATED"

LOLZ

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Take your time, Karen. Feel free to post back should you have further queries.

Regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 12, 2024 Views 1,263 Applies to: