Need Administrator permission to save Photos in Windows 10

as the title says, i need administrator permission to save any images or move images in and out of the images folder, even though my account is the only one in the system and it's the administrator account.

any help?

Are we going to get an answer from those wonderful folks at Microsoft who release new products with a gazzillion glitches.   I want to save an edited picture, but it says I need the system administrators permission.  I AM the administrator.   C'mon Bill!

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Now i tried to give permission to every user (only me) to access that folder by right clicking the folder>properties>security and give full control, thing is, after doing that i got a bunch of errors and it basically said i couldn't give permission to MYSELF as an ADMIN of my pc to USE that folder.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Now i tried to give permission to every user (only me) to access that folder by right clicking the folder>properties>security and give full control, thing is, after doing that i got a bunch of errors and it basically said i couldn't give permission to MYSELF as an ADMIN of my pc to USE that folder.

Hi   have precisely the same problem and would really appreciate someone from mircrosoft sorting this out.  I am not going to do what  was attempted above.  

The whole  upgrade has been awful.  It worked for a while ok ( albeit not sure i like all the changes) but it took me several weeks to find I had problems and by then it was too late to revert to windows 7.   

My final grip is that I found that although  windows 10 is supposed to automatically download and install updates it had not done so and I completed this manually. Sadly it did  not solve the problem in this thread!

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I had to open my programs as administrator to get thing to work. Right click the icon.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Try this:

Try adding a guest account. Establishing a guest account puts the full benefits of the Administrator account into action. Yes you will have to sign into either account with a password but the advantages to this are as follows:

Security - If you are logged in as Administrator and you are on the web, installing programs, copying files from a friend's thumb drive etc... you are vulnerable to attack by viruses, malware and anything else intrusively damaging to your computer. You should never use the internet while logged in as administrator. Always work in the Guest account unless prompted to run as administrator or you wish to do maintainance.

Operator Error - We all do it from time to time!" We delete files we think aren't being used by the OS. After all thats what adnimistrator privelages are for."  If logged in as guest it is far more difficult to delete important system files. Not saying it's impossible, it's just that you don't have the privelages to make those decisions or ... mistakes! You can then right click on the folder and establish admin security levels.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 29, 2024 Views 4,003 Applies to: