My Windows 7 is not working with IOGear GCS634U KVM

Hi,
I have Dell Latitude E6430 with Windows 7 64 bit. When connecting it to IOGEAR GCS634U KVM, Windows doesn't recognize it and the laptop is not response to keyboard or mouse.
I'm using docking station but try it also without the docking station. 

I tried other Dell with win 7 64 bit and it did work. I cant find any driver for this KVM.

Need your Help,

Thanks,
IZ

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community forums.

From the issue description, I see that you have an issue with connecting to switch.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. We are here to help and guide you in the right direction.

To provide the appropriate resolution I would need more information from your end.
Do you get any error messages?

This issue may occur if a wireless network adapter switch that's not enabled, cables that aren't connected properly, corrupted or incompatible drivers, missing updates, network connection settings or network connection settings.

Method 1:
I would suggest you to try the steps in the article and check if it helps.

Why can't I connect to the Internet?
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Why-can-t-I-connect-to-the-Internet

Method 2:
If the issue persists, I would suggest you to try the steps in the article and check if it helps.

Wired and wireless network connection problems in Windows
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/help/wired-and-wireless-network-connection-problems-in-windows

Let us know the status of the issue after performing the troubleshooting steps. If you need any further assistance or information regarding the issue with connecting to switch, I will be glad to help you. We, at Microsoft strive towards excellence.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Geethu,

Thanks for reply to my issue.

I dont get any error message.

I dont have any connection issues, or network issues, and I'm not sure how is it related to my problem - It's a KVM switch not a modem/router issue.

I also get support from our IT but they couldnt figure it out, they suggested for reimage my laptop. I just want to know if you familiar with it or you have some other creative solution for it.

I've also tried to connect my Keyboard and Mouse to my Monitor and then a USB from my monitor to my Laptop. but the Laptop doesnt recognize that as well - or cannot find drivers.

Thanks,

Itai

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am curious why we couldn't take a minute to trim the canned answer to avoid mention of wireless and other irrelevant terms.

Regardless, this is a real problem for me too. Yes there is an error message: "Device Driver software was not successfully installed".

This is very odd as this switch worked with windows 7 for a long time - over a year.

It's also odd because the KVM doesn't need a driver (other ones on Logitech's site do), most likely because the information from the actual mouse and keyboard generally pass through the device just fine.

This began to bite me when I tried to switch keyboards after mine stopped working (due to a spill) so I was in the process of switching to an apple keyboard. Apple keyboard drivers/recognition may have gotten in the way some how.

I am now using a dell keyboard. It works just fine if I plug it in directly but it is completely useless with windows.

Note that keyboard works fine with other computers plugged into the kvm.

My computer model is a dell precision 390. The keyboard is A Dell e145614.

This computer has been connected to this KVM (and remember I replaced the physical KVM with the same model so basically the same hardware connection) for about 4 years, previously with windows XP. It worked until the apple keyboard was plugged in. Now the dell keyboard works fine, but not with the KVM.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

geethu is an idiot and cannot understand a simple issue

he can only issue some canned irrelevant response

too bad for him and ms

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated November 26, 2020 Views 2,289 Applies to: