My Photos are Being Flipped

I am a photographer who uses a lot of programs for my thousands of photos.  My HP computer was upgraded to Windows 10 recently.  I noticed my photos once imported from my memory card where showing in the correct position I shot them, but when I opened them in any program they were flipped. 

I got a new Asus computer with Windows 10 installed on it and the same thing is happening.  I have searched and searched for a solution.  I have found lots of other people that are having the same trouble, but no solution.  It is Windows 10 doing it, my programs are all working fine still on PCs running windows 7.  

Does anyone know why Windows 10 would not let my photos stay in the position I put them in?  I've tried manually flipping the photos, I have tried programs, nothing works.  

I use auto batching and watermark software to auto watermark my photos and it can't do it's job because Windows 10 won't feed it the correct way.  

Any suggestions or fixes for this super annoying photo glitch?

Hi Jennifer,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple steps and check if this works properly, I recommend you to copy the photos to a new folder and check if the photos get flipped.

If the issue persist only using Watermark software, I would recommend you to uninstall and reinstall the application and check.

1. Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.

2. Click on Programs and features, locate for Watermark, right click on it and uninstall it.

Hope this helps. Keep posted us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Billion,

It's not just with that software.  As I said above it does it in many different programs.  It looks correct in File Explorer, but when opened in ANYTHING the vertical files are flipped horizontally.  You can then flip them in the programs I have tried and save and it will save them, but why is it doing this in the first place and I don't have time to flip 1,000 photos a day manually. 

I am not the only one, there are other threads with no solution on here. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 20, 2024 Views 41 Applies to: