My PC won't let me select the correct resolution for my monitor.

Recently I just got a new PC. It's a good PC, but I can't select the correct resolution for my monitor. However, when I'm running full screen games, I can run them at the correct resolution. But as soon as I go back to my settings and try to select the correct resolution, it doesn't work. If I press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and then cancel, I'm put on my desktop at the correct resolution. But as soon as I click or interact with anything, it changes back to a stretched resolution. I'm really tired of having everything stretched on my screen, and would love a solution. Here's a video of my issue

My resolution is 1360x768

Answer
Answer

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

We appreciate the time and effort you have put in to resolve the issue. I would like to assist you with further information from here.

Now try to follow the below suggested methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1

Follow these steps to run the Windows in built troubleshooter:

a)      Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.

b)      Click on Troubleshooting tab.

c)      Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

d)      Select the Hardware and Device option from the list.

e)      Click Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

Method 2

Check for Windows update to look for latest drivers for devices installed in your computer.

Refer to the below Microsoft Help Article on Install and Update drivers in Windows 10, written by one of our MVPs, Andre da Costa.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_devices/how-to-install-and-update-drivers-in-windows-10/a97bbbd1-9973-4d66-9a5b-291300006293

Additionally, I would also suggest you to refer to the manufacturer/computer assembler's website to look for updated drivers for your graphics device.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 13, 2024 Views 4,498 Applies to: