My Pc keeps freezing and making a buzz sound whenever I play a game

So every time I go into a game on steam, my computer starts to freeze and make a buzzing sound after 5 minutes of gameplay. I have looked up videos on how to fix it and have looked on the community forums but nothing works. If someone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.
Hi fnafgamer239,

My name is Darren; an Independent Consultant, I'm here to help you with your problem.

Try run the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833...

If the issue still persists, you may also try the video guide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ9GZCYez4E

I hope this helps. If this is not exactly what you need, please explain more so that I can help you better.

Thanks

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Im sorry I did not provide more info. I watched the video and tried everything but nothing worked. (I even reinstalled windows) I would like to say that the freezing and buzzing started after I overclocked. When it did happen though I put my cpu and ram at what it was before I overclocked but it still happens. For some reason when I play a lower demanding game (like gta vice city) the freezing stops. I think it might be that I need to turn the graphics down on newer games or I just need better cooling. If you want me to I can send a video of what happens when my game freezes.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Since you have tried the solutions and the issue still persists, I think it could be heat issue. Some online suggestion that I have found is to reapply the thermal paste, but I would recommend you to bring it to the shop and let someone have a look.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Alright thank you. If I have any more questions I will ask you

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

No problem, please let me know if you have any further questions. If you have a moment, it would be greatly appreciated if you would rate my assistance in handling your ticket and have a great day!

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 11, 2024 Views 3,949 Applies to: