My NAS Drive can not be found on windows 10

I have tried all the tricks that were available to try and get Windows 10 to find my NAS drive but nothing has worked. I can Log in to the device view web browswer but I can not get it mapped.

Its a Thecus N5550 updated to the newest firmware. I only have SMB/CIFS running right now.

Any other ideas. Is my NAS to old?

Hi MetalMatrix_0,

I am an independent advisor and a Microsoft user like you, and I would be happy to help you out with this.

The NAS may be using CIFS / SMB 1.0, which is disabled by default in Windows 10, as it is less secure than newer versions of SMB.

See if this helps:

Go to Start > Control Panel > Programs and then look for the link to "Turn Windows Features On or Off".

It will open Windows Features (screenshot attached) and you may wish to enable SMB1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support if it is not already.

Then, restart your computer and try to connect / map to the NAS drive again.

Image Source: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server...

I hope this has helped you. If you have already tried this, please reply and let us know and we would be happy to provide some different suggestions!

Regards,
-Ashton

29 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes I have done this and a few other procedures that were on the web but nothing has worked so far. I am at a total loss as to why this is not working. Just to let you know I have the issue on both of my computers were I can not see the NAS drive but am able to log on using its web interface.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Okay I figured out that because the NAS was auto Default to SMB2 I then switch it to SMB3 and still not luck. It was only when I put it back to SMB1 that I was able to see my NAS. 

So my question now is why am I not able to see my NAS under SMB2 or SMB3 which is more secure?

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there, glad to hear you got it working. I found this following previous suggestion that worked for another person:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Hopefully this will help, but I'm out of ideas on this one. Hopefully other experts may be able to provide some different suggestions.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 14, 2024 Views 14,888 Applies to: