My mousepad is lagging and slow

This only started today when I charged my laptop at college, I never do this, I try to only charge it at home. However, whenever it's plugged in, my mousepad begins to lag a lot and it's hard to navigate pages. I have tried everything on similar questions, but nothing works. Could it be from the power source at college or something like that? It seems to be the only thing that changed for this to happen. My charger is also a little bit damaged (wires are exposed on some parts), but it's the original that came with the computer. Can someone help me, please?

PS: I have windows 11 pro

|
Hi Mariana,

I am an independent advisor and fellow Microsoft user. I will try to help you.

When a mouse or touchpad doesn't work properly while charging, it could be due to electrical interference caused by the charging process. This interference can disrupt the signals between the touchpad or mouse and the computer.
I would suggest using a different charger to check if the issue still persists.

Alternatively, check for any pending windows updates or update the touchpad driver using device manager. This can also alleviate your problem.
To update the touchpad driver:

Step 1: Press Win + X to get the start menu and choose Device Manager in Windows 11/10.

Step 2: Expand Mice and other pointing devices, right-click on your touchpad driver and choose Update driver.

Also, using an external mouse (preferably a usb one) should work as well. You can test this if you have it handy with you.

Hope this helps!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2024 Views 247 Applies to: