My mouse will scroll down to the bottom of the page automatically.

My mouse will scroll down to the bottom of the page automatically.  Now i have bought a new mouse thinking it was the mouse dying, that didn't work. Then I tried using different usb ports (even installed a usb card). After that I uninstall the software that came with the mouse.  That didn't work either.  I finally did a soft reinstall of windows 8 and again it didn't work either.  Can someone help me with my mouse problem?  

Hi Richard Martin,

1. What is the make and model of the mouse?

2. When you say “My mouse will scroll down to the bottom of the page automatically”, did you mean the mouse cursor?

It seems that you have performed almost all the steps including a soft reinstall. In this situation I think that there might be a virus infection, Trojans which might be hidden deep in the computer.

We will perform a virus scan and check the status.

Run a virus scanner and check if this helps.

Virus Infection may also cause this issue. Scan your computer from Microsoft Safety Scanner, which helps to get rid of virus, spyware, and malicious software:
http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

Note: The Microsoft Safety Scanner expires after 10 days from the date of installation.

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Reply with the status of the issue and we will be glad to offer our assistance.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

First I would like to thank you for the help.  Hopefully we can solve this problem.  I have a Logitech G500 mouse.  And when I said my mouse scrolls down to the bottom of the page, I meant was.... I open up a web page or an app from the start menu, sometimes is will start scroll to the bottom automaticlly.  I can still use the cursor to click on the scroll bar to try to hold the page still but that doesn't work.  I even try using the arrows keys on the keyboard to scroll back up and that is a fight.  So I downloaded the Microsoft Safety Scanner and it came up with no infected files, and I also did a full scan with avg and the results were no infected files as well.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Richard,

Thank you for the reply.

I would suggest you to try the steps and check if it helps.

a. Right-click on the start button.

b. Click on Control Panel.

c. Type mouse in the control panel search.

d. Click on Customize mouse button.

e. Click on Wheel tab.

f. Change and reduce the value of vertical and horizontal scrolling.

g. Click on Apply and then Ok.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue to assist you further.

17 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated November 19, 2020 Views 6,796 Applies to: