My laptop's hotspot is not working.

When i try connecting other device to my laptop's hotspot, it is not getting connected. Later i seached in google about this problem and then i did "win+x, command prompt admin .......etc" .but no use can u help me in this.?

Hi,

There are different factors that contribute as to why you're not able to use your laptop as a mobile hotspot. This could be caused by the type of hardware in your laptop or the settings currently set in your laptop for the hotspot. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Under Settings > Network & Internet, do you see an option labeled Mobile hotspot?
  • If you do see the option for Mobile hotspot in the Settings app, have you attempted to use the built in application to turn your laptop into a hotspot?
  • Were there any error messages when you attempted to connect other devices to your laptop's hotspot?
  • Which build and version of Windows 10 do you have installed on your computer?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

yes sir,  i see an option of hotspot in settings and i tried connecting my mobile to it. There are no error messages popping , and is not getting connected. This is the screenshot of my phone ,while connecting to my laptop's hotspot. Continuously it is showing the message as connecting but not getting connected.  this is screen shot of the hotspot settings.

waiting for your reply..

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

We would like to confirm what was the type of authentication settings that you choose when you set up the mobile hotspot on your laptop? We suggest also that you temporarily make the mobile hotspot an open connection. Doing this will allow us to check if the reason that devices are not able to connect is due to incompatible authentication settings being used.

Regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated November 3, 2022 Views 3,594 Applies to: