my laptop is not recgnizing it's power cord

ok when ever I plug in my  Dell power cord that came with my laptop I get a pop up that say's . The AC power adapter is not recognized. System performance will be impacted. Please connect the correct Dell AC power adapter for best system operations. This adapter may not provide sufficient power to operate the system. Your system performance will be impacted. 

. Ensure the plug is inserted completely for best system operation.

. Connect a dell 45w AC adapter or higher. thank you Amber

Hi Amber,

I just like to isolate this issue that you're having right now with your power cord. When did you start having this issue? Did you make any changes to your device before getting this issue? Have you tried to move or fiddle the cord around on the port side? There's a possibility that it got loose or what not. You may also try to plug the power cord first before turning on the device and see if the issue persists. Normally, we suggest our customers to contact the device manufacturer for assistance in case they're having issues like this.

Regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

switch off the laptop completely , disconnect all the external devices ,  now insert ac adapter with connected power source

method 1

try to drain the battery completely  , that means   battery should  have  zero%  charge

method 2

go to bios , restore the  default settings   and  save and  exit

I am working as a Mathematics lecturer in a PU college.
Windows11_Pro_64bit_23H2_buildno_22631.3672P_MS.office365_C2R_2405_v17628.20110_Intel_i5_13500_Nvidia3060_12GB_GDDR6_RAM_32GB_5600_Storage 6TB.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 24, 2024 Views 1,435 Applies to: