My Epson Perfection 1260 is not working on Windows 10

apparently there is not driver (there was one for 8.1 and scanner worked perfect). I can not really believe I should discard my scanner just because I upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1, especially when there is not problem if I use a 60+ dollars software (Vuescan).

Please, I want to be absolutely sure there is not another option before downgrading to 8.1 again.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I will certainly help you with it.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please be informed that the Windows 8.1 driver can be installed using the compatible mode in Windows 10.

1. Right-click on the scanner driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.         

2. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 7/8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

3. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Joy,

Thanks for your quick answer. Sorry for not contact you or mark the question as answer sooner. Unfortunately I've been very busy, with some jobs to deliver and a very tight deadline.

Finally today I found the time to try again to make my scanner work. I couldn’t. I do not use my scanner often, but for the time I was using Windows 8.1 I would say I used it and it worked.

I do not know where to find the driver file if existed in my hard drive, I do not know if when updated to Windows 10 this was erased. I’ve tried to find on the web the driver for 8.1 as I understand you told me to run it with the compatibility mode. But I did not find any such driver. In Epson website, the latest version of a driver I can download for the Perfection 1260 is for Windows 7 32-bit. I download anyway, making it to run in compatibility mode for Windows 8 (the latest version the compatibility mode allows). The scanner still appears as detected in the system, but when I try to use the scanner app I’m asked to connect a scanner.   :L

What am I doing wrong? Is there any place where to find a driver I can actually make it run for Windows 10 compatibility?

Thanks in advance

Fernando

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I found a link which might help: http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?oid=14553&infoType=Downloads

You may even try roll back river feature from the device manager.

Press Windows +X

Select Device manager.

Locate the printer and scanner device.

Right click on it and select Properties.

Click on the driver tab and select properties.  

Hope this helps.  

11 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

Old post but had to reply.

Both epson and microsoft are the reason this doen't work. Neither one of the companies makes drivers that span OS versions because it is not "profitable" Linux on the other hand does offer extensive backwards compatibility.

There is a company that has the scanner driver/scan utility that works, VueScan" at www.hamerick.com. It works fine but slow! Also they want money for the full version, again, unlike linux where all of the software and drivers are free.

10 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 1, 2020 Views 7,614 Applies to: