My display adapter is not recognizing the dedicated graphics card. the the graphics adapter is greyed out.

Hey there, I use an ASUS A15 laptop. The dedicated graphics card is an NVIDIA 3050 4GB. I've been playing a lot of Witcher 3 and realized that the game is acting super laggy. I went to update my graphics driver from GeForce Experience, but it said, "Cannot install the latest drivers as the Windows version is not compatible." Apparently, to fix this, I need to go to Device Manager > Display adapters > NVIDIA 3050 laptop > Update driver. However, the dedicated graphics driver was not visible. It only showed the integrated graphics driver, which is AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics. I clicked on View > Show hidden devices, and it showed my graphics driver, but it was greyed out. I tried everything: updating drivers, installing the latest driver version manually from the NVIDIA website, but it still didn't work. I decided to delete the driver and install it again, but that did not work. It said, "Cannot recognize NVIDIA 3050 GPU." Yes, I did choose the correct driver from the website. At this point, I panicked and did a system reboot, and thankfully, it is showing me the greyed-out GPU driver. But I'm back to square one.

Here is something i did that i feel may have led to this issue, A few weeks ago i downloaded Valorant and it started showing me blue screen errors. Like any other person, I panicked. i tried every solution, one of them being messing with the display adapters. I also did a Windows memory diagnostic because i thought the issue could be related to a broken RAM. My RAM is completely fine. Turns out the Vanguard software that comes with a game was messing with the adapters. i just deleted the game and that fixed the blue screen issue. As far as i remember it was a BSOD error. I hope this information helps to fix this issue. currently I'm thinking about reinstalling windows. Is their any solutions?

here are my Laptop specifications

Processor:AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Radeon Graphics 2.90 GHz

Installed RAM: 16.0 GB (15.4 GB usable)

Dedicated Graphics card: NVIDIA 3050 4GB Laptop

|

By default, win 11 update auto updates only critical win updates, and nothing else unless you have made the mistake of selecting the "Get latest updates" option, and if you have turn it off.

You obtain both Bios & Drivers updates from the PC Maker, there should be a shortcut on your system to that makers update utility, and no other source.

Then set Bios to Defaults & Pwr to balanced.

At the end of the day shutdown, do NOT leave in sleep

Contributor since 2006
Currently win11 Pro & O365 Bus, multiple devices

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello, thank you for reaching out to the Microsoft Community. I am here to help and provide assistance with any questions or concerns you may have.

I think there might be leftover traces of your old video drivers and configuration causing some issues. While a clean Windows install usually sorts out many problems, there's a chance we can tackle this without going through all that. Let's give these steps a shot:

1. Boot your computer into Safe Mode with Networking.
2. Get the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) tool from this link: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/Display-Dri...
3. Choose your GPU chipset and then go for the "Clean and shutdown" option.

Once that's done, restart your computer and try reinstalling the drivers. Hopefully, this should do the trick.

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Completly incorrect and will only give rise to more problems

Contributor since 2006
Currently win11 Pro & O365 Bus, multiple devices

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm considering to reinstall windows 11. Hope that fixes it. I did what you asked me to do. Went to the bios and hit default and it still didn't work. Do you think reinstalling windows would fix it?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 28, 2024 Views 168 Applies to: