my d drive and downloads folder is the same folder???

my d drive is the same folder as my downloads folder and the important things I have in my d drive are now in the same place as my downloads and it's bad because sometimes I almost remove things that are important because I forget that my d drive and downloads folder are the same. Like I have a bunch of folders there that I've almost deleted  numerous of times because I think im in the downloads folder and that it's just a copy of the original folder and then I remember that I'm on the actual drive.  And it's really hard to clean out my stuff because I don't know what is what. Like sometimes I don't know if the file or folder in there is something that is downloaded and that I don't need or something important. I don't remember how this happened but I think that I was trying to make my d drive my main drive and one some way I changed the location of the drive to my downloads folder. Because I wanted the things I download to go into the d drive folder and not the c drive because I use that one for programs but I didn't want my downloads folder to be my d drive!

Is there any way to change it so my downloads folder is my downloads folder and that my d drive is somewhere else again? 

Moved From:

Hi Diana,

For us to better assist you with your query about download folder, we'd like to verify the following:

• Are you referring to the default Download folder?
  • Do you want to change the default location of your Download folder which is C: drive?
  • Can you provide us sample screenshot of the folder?

We're looking forward to your reply.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

The folder I drew a circle around is supposed to be the downloads folder and it's supposed to be named downloads folder(but in swedish) but now it's the d drive (as you can see it says D:\ ) so now my downloads and everything on my d drive are stored into the same folder.

Before when it was only the downloads folder the things I downloaded got stored into the c drive but I use the c drive for important things and it doesn't have much space on it and my d drive has a lot of space so I wanted  my downloads to go into the d drive instead. 

So I wanted my main drive where I download photos and videos and stuff to be the d drive and my important things such as programs to get installed into the c drive. But I think that I in some way changed the location of the d drive folder into the downloads folder so that's why it's like this. But is there some way to fix it`?

(also I can't move any of the files out of the d drive because it just says to copy them. Like I can cut them out and then paste them onto my desktop or something but I can't move them out of the d drive/downloads folder) I've also tried to reset the location of my downloads folder but because the downloads folder was in my c drive I cant. One of the folders on my d drive (the one thats called ''editing'' is 112 GB so I can't  fix the downloads folder while it's in there because if I reset the downloads folder it will go back into the c drive and I only have 32GB left on my c drive so i can't change the location of the downloads folder. and I can't change the location of the actual d drive because then it goes to the downloads folder and it doesn't work.

But is there a way to make my d drive the main drive so my desktop and everything is on it instead of the c drive???

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The folder I drew a circle around is supposed to be the downloads folder and it's supposed to be named downloads folder(but in swedish) but now it's the d drive (as you can see it says D:\ ) so now my downloads and everything on my d drive are stored into the same folder.

Before when it was only the downloads folder the things I downloaded got stored into the c drive but I use the c drive for important things and it doesn't have much space on it and my d drive has a lot of space so I wanted  my downloads to go into the d drive instead. 

So I wanted my main drive where I download photos and videos and stuff to be the d drive and my important things such as programs to get installed into the c drive. But I think that I in some way changed the location of the d drive folder into the downloads folder so that's why it's like this. But is there some way to fix it`?

(also I can't move any of the files out of the d drive because it just says to copy them. Like I can cut them out and then paste them onto my desktop or something but I can't move them out of the d drive/downloads folder) I've also tried to reset the location of my downloads folder but because the downloads folder was in my c drive I cant. One of the folders on my d drive (the one thats called ''editing'' is 112 GB so I can't  fix the downloads folder while it's in there because if I reset the downloads folder it will go back into the c drive and I only have 32GB left on my c drive so i can't change the location of the downloads folder. and I can't change the location of the actual d drive because then it goes to the downloads folder and it doesn't work.

But is there a way to make my d drive the main drive so my desktop and everything is on it instead of the c drive???

Thank you for the information you've provided.

The only way to restore your computer settings is to perform the "Reset this PC" option, then select the "Keep my files" option. This option will reinstall your Windows 10 without affecting your files.

Note: Don't forget to back up your files before performing a System Reset.

Please post back with the result for further assistance. 

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 12, 2023 Views 3,989 Applies to: