My computer is stuck in a loop in the system recovery/repair

Windows 7.  My computer is stuck in a loop in the system recovery/repair..  it has been through the loop many times.  I looked on here and tried the bootrec.exe which also doesnt work as when I tried to type one of the options (ie: /FixBoot) it doesnt recognise any of the commands.  can anyone offer any answers...  erm... simple answers would be appreciated...  I considered reinstalling windows but am unsure if this will even work. look forward to hearing from someone. :)
Answer
Answer

Create a new small partition - 40 GB is plenty big.  Then boot from your Windows 7 install DVD, select the Custom installation and install Windows 7 in the new partition.  You don't need to install updates or anything else, you just need to boot from it and see if you can get back to the original Windows 7. 

When you recover, I hope this has taught you the need to backup your computer.  That's the ounce of prevention that will save you the pound of cure that you're into now.  Sooner or later this kind of thing will happen again, so the word to the wise is be prepared!

I hope this helps.  Good luck.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 12, 2018 Views 3,370 Applies to: