My computer freezes while opening Facebook.

My computer freezes for one or two seconds when I’m going to open www.facebook.com (before logging in). It happens only once after I start my computer. It happens with both Chrome and Internet Explorer.  Afterwards whenever I open that site everything is fine.  No such problem with other sites. By the way, my computer freezes for a while, when playing music or movie using K-lite Codec or VLC. I’m using windows 7 Home Basic, 64-bit. Please help.

|
Answer
Answer
i got exactly the same problem as Krishnendu Banerjee, it happens after boot, will freeze only once for a few seconds, then everything is normal.

recently playing movie after booting, with klite codec media player classic also triggers the freezes.. 

windows 7 ultimate 64bit totally freeze. mouse not responding, hdd indicator blinking..

I've tried to reinstall windows two times, still no luck.. driver installed correctly and windows has been updated to the latest.. still no luck..

Please help TT

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi Krishnendu,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums.

As per the description provided, I understand that the computer freezes while opening Facebook on the Windows 7 computer. I will certainly help you on this issue.

This issue may occur due to third-party application conflict on the computer. I will suggest you to check if the issue occurs in Safe Mode with Networking.

Step 1:

Check if the issue appears in ‘Safe mode with Networking’:

http://Windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Windows7/Start-your-computer-in-safe-mode

Note: When at the advanced boot options select Safe mode with networking.

If the issue does not persists in Safe Mode with Networking, then perform a Clean Boot to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as Clean Boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

Step 2

Put the computer in Clean Boot and check if it helps.

By setting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.
How to perform a Clean Boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
Note: After Clean Boot troubleshooting step, refer to “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with Clean Boot” from the article.

Get back to us for any issues related to Windows. We will be happy to help you. We, at Microsoft try to provide our customers with the best experience.

Regards,
Anil

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 1, 2020 Views 41,964 Applies to: