My apps that have been downloaded from Microsoft Store keeps crashing.

My Netflix app consistently crashes upon opening—it loads briefly then abruptly shuts down. Similarly, my Messenger app exhibits issues; although it doesn't crash outright like Netflix, initiating a call causes Messenger to close, though the call itself remains active. This was confirmed when I tested it on a friend's phone; despite the Messenger app crashing on my desktop, the call continued to ring on their end. Additionally, my Microsoft Store also force closes at some point.

Fixes attempted include:

• Repairing Microsoft Store

• Resetting apps

• Reinstalling the apps

• Running "sfc /scannow" in CMD

• Reinstalling Microsoft Store using PowerShell

• Uninstalling recent Windows updates

However, none of these solutions seem to work.

|

Hi Daryl26,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

In addition to failures in the application itself, application crash problems can be related to account profile failures or disk failures.

If possible, would you mind sharing more information about this issue with us?

• Are there any event logs recorded in the device that related to the phenomenon?

Event Viewer | Microsoft Learn

• Are there any other apps with a similar situation other than the ones already mentioned?

• Is the situation the same when you observe it in a relatively clean environment (for example, new local account, safe mode, clean boot)?

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows - Microsoft Support

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows - Microsoft Support

Clean Boot starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. It can be used to determine whether a background service or program is interfering or causing a problem.

These steps of "clean boot" might look complicated at first glance. However, to avoid any trouble for you, please follow them in order and step-by-step.

Please be careful not to disable any services related to security credentials or security authentication, such as TPM, Security, Credential.

If I misunderstand your situation, feel free to correct me and share the information.

Best Regards,

Kyo.Y - MSFT | Microsoft Community Technical Support

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 12, 2024 Views 18 Applies to: