Multiple SndTAudio playback devices

I run MS Vista Ultimate, 32 bit.  There are 16 instances of SndTAudio listed as playback devices in Control Panel, Sound.  All of them are disabled.  The Driver tab shows the Driver Provider is SndTAudio, 4\4\2008, V. 6.1.10102.333, signed by "private multimedia authority".  Device Manager lists an entry for SndTAudio.  Under Driver File Details, it lists the following drivers in windows\system32\drivers:  drmk.sys, LVUSBSta.sys, portcls.sys and SndTAudio.sys.   I use a Bose Companion 5 sound system. 

What is SndTAudio used for and why are there 16 playback entries in Control Panel, Sound.  Can I delete these since they are all disabled, anyhow? 
Answer
Answer

Hi curt1943,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Windows Vista answers forum.

The file SndTAudio.sys is not a system file. Those probably are disabled and disconnected device that are listed in Playback Devices.
 To prevent those disabled/disconnected devices from showing, you can right click in the blank space in Playback Devices and uncheck Show Disabled/Disconnected Devices.

Also, I will suggest you to run an online virus scan on the computer.

You may run Full Service Scan from: http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/default.htm

Please let us know if it helps.

Thanks and Regards,
Santosh

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 20, 2021 Views 6,739 Applies to: