Multimedia audio controller device/ driver

I have recently upgraded from windows xp to windows 7 home on my Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop. 
When I went into hardware it shows uder other devices that I have no multimedia audio controller
installed. Does anyone know where I might find this to download and install ?

Hi Kiger,

This could be due to issues with the audio driver which you might have installed on the laptop.

Please assist me with the following informaiton:

1) Are you using an external audio card on the laptop?

2) Is the audio device working properly on the laptop?

As per the driver information at Dell website/support for Dell Inspiron 600, it looks like Dell has not provided the sound driver for Windows 7.

However, let’s run the audio troubleshooter to find out the cause of the issue.

Follow the methods:

Method 1:

Refer to the link to run the audio troubleshooter:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/no-sound-help#no-sound=windows-8&v1h=win8tab3&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

You can also refer other steps mentioned on the link provided above to try and fix the issue. If it still persists, move to the next one.

Method 2:

Refer to the link to download and install the latest available audio driver and install it in Windows XP compatibility mode.

Follow the steps:

Step 1:

Refer to the link to download the driver:

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/555/Product/inspiron-6000

Move to the next step.

Step 2:

Follow the steps to uninstall the current version and install the latest driver:

Note: Make sure that you have downloaded the latest version of the audio drivers before uninstalling the current version.

a)            Type device manager in the search box of the Start menu and click on Device Manager.

b)            Locate the Sound, video and game controller and expand it.

c)            Right click on the audio driver icon and Select Uninstall.

d)            Follow the onscreen instructions to uninstall the audio driver.

e)            Locate the folder that contains the setup file for the driver that you have downloaded.

f)             Double Click on the setup file and follow the onscreen instructions to install the latest audio driver.

Please let us know about the status of this issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 15, 2024 Views 3,735 Applies to: