Moving a Recovery Partition

Hi! Is there any way for me to move the recovery partition whatsoever on Disk 0? I want to merge E: with the unallocated space on the other side of it but I can't because the partition is in the way.
Hi Boris

I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this . . .

Windows has very limited partitioning capability, even if you could move the Recovery partition, Windows would refuse to merge E and that unallocated space, because it is not immediately to the right of E

You will need to use a 3rd party utility to merge E and that unallocated space, the free version of AOMEI Partition Assistant is totally free, fully featured and easy to use

https://www.diskpart.com/free-partition-manager...

During the installation you will be prompted to install the demo version,skip that and install the full free version

Also, if you do not have an operating system on that E drive partition, you can delete that recovery Partition, it is not required

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 18, 2024 Views 4,686 Applies to: