Mouse keeps double clicking

How do I successfully stop my Microsoft mouse from randomly double-clicking?

There must be a way to make a driver that works that can be pushed out as an update.

The risk and hassle of random double-clicks is very real, perpetually unsettling and leaves the user feeling anxious while using the machine.

Recently for the first time I've actually started thinking about a Mac - that's a pretty low point.

I would ad this to the existing thread which has been closed with no solution.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mouse-randomly-double-clicking-on/49a1b7bd-6bcf-42ad-9153-7595f14eace4

Quoting from closed thread:

"Worth pointing out that this issue has been around for years and Microsoft keeps closing the threads without a suitable solution.

MICROSOFT FIX THIS BEFORE IT DOES SEVERE DAMAGE."

I've used various mice for years on all versions of Win and never experienced this problem

If this is a branded Mouse, eg Logitech then install software from their site and adjust the mouse settings

Other wise in Win adjust the mouse settings

Contributor since 2006
Currently win11 Pro & O365 Bus, multiple devices

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

There is a solution: Any mouse that uses optical switches.

I have one. Works great and will never double click since the horrid weak spring click isn't how the switch functions. Most mice use Omron switches or similar with a silly spring that will double click and be forever bent as soon as you apply more than nerdy finger pressure.

Some feel software should deal with that but the actual cause is the weak spring so its the actual place to fix it. Optical switches fix that and are still relatively new but getting down in price on some mice. Of course, they can as well have some other issue in time but double clicking will never be one because of how they work.

"I've used various mice for years on all versions of Win and never experienced this problem

If this is a branded Mouse, eg Logitech then install software from their site and adjust the mouse settings

Other wise in Win adjust the mouse settings"

@Palcouk You can have it. Your mouse has that fault. All Omron switch mice including Logitech. Just depends how your pressure is on the button. A little too much, the spring bends too much, and will double click from that point forward since the spring will be forever bent.

Been through it all the time with Logitech including their most expensive wireless mouse most recently after seeing if it would as well. Had one or two different Logitech's double click all the time within months. I used Logitech mice for the past 10 years or so. Microsoft before that. They all get double click. Every. Single. One.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

ok - took the springs out of the button switches. So far so good...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 15, 2024 Views 901 Applies to: