Minecraft wont load with Windows 10

So this morning I updated to Windows 10 by downloading it from the Microsoft Official Download Link. I got Windows, and it worked fine. For a while. I have tried playing different games, Like Warframe and TF2. Warframe was a bit laggy, but it was the same with Win7. TF2 ran fine but when I opened Minecraft, it didn't load. I would click play and it would show me this error message

EDIT #2: I found another thread (

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-hardware/require-update-for-mobile-intel-4-series-express/96cd8ecf-ae75-4295-99a5-7ea2e27d54f5?auth=1)  which gave me my answer of why I cant launch Minecraft. Its because I need OpenGL Version 1.3 when Intel stopped making OpenGL cause it was such an old version. It had the answer for Windows 8, but Since I got windows 10 I need an updated fix for the driver. Thanks

(Extra Info: Moble Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family)

It says I might need to find Drivers for it, and since I'm running Intel I went to their website to download Intel Driver Update Utility. I started searching for avalible Drivers for my system. Once it finished searching, it said no Drivers available. I'm not a big tech guy, But I have a feeling this has something to do with Windows, other then just Windows 10. Anyone know how to fix it? I have Intel i5 Dual Core CPU and Intel HD Graphics 3200. Anyone have a fix for this?

Edit: I looked up what drivers I have. Here it is-

Side note: Do you have to have an Xbox for Minecraft- Windows 10 Edition?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check the compatibility from the below:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/ProductViewerWithDefaultFilters?TempOsid=Windows%2010&Locale=en-us&Architecture=X64&TextSearch=minecraft&Type=Both&CurrentPage=0&TotalPages=1&ShowCriteria=0&SortCriteria=Relevance&Compatibility=Unknown&LastRequested=14

As the game is not compatible then you need to install the game in compatibility mode and check for the issue to do that you need to follow the steps provided below.

1. Locate the installer.exe or setup.exe file in your folder.
  2. Right-click on the file.
  3. From the contextual menu, choose Properties.
  4. Under Compatibility tab. Choose the version of Windows you want to emulate.
  5. Select the "Run this program in compatibility mode" checkbox. Run the installer

Refer:

Make older programs run in this version of Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Make-older-programs-run-in-this-version-of-Windows

I would also suggest you to refer to the below link:

Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta FAQ

http://support.xbox.com/en-IN/xbox-on-windows/game-titles/minecraft-windows-10-edition-beta-faq

Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you.

Thanks.

Regards,
Yaseer.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have a very similar issue, using series 4 intel graphics.  unable to use the above information to resolve.  Cannot update or downgrade graphics drivers to fix.  Also no control over the install of Minecraft ala compatibility mode during install.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have had a problem like this with windows 10

The problem is your graphics card doesn't support OpenGL. Unfortunately you need a new GPU. One that supports OpenGL 2.0. These can cost around 20$ at minimum.

Hope that Helps! -Bizzencorn

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Worked before windows 10 on same pc...looks like drivers to me, but there is no way to backroll them to older working win7 drivers anymore that I've found.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Solution that worked for me.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/4418-mobile-intel-series-4-intel-hd-graphics-1st-generation.html

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I could not get it to work with the standard intel chipse graphics adapter in my PC (no matter what)

But, I put in an old model, £25 Nvidia adapter. Right clicked on  Minecraft icon on desktop and start compatibility trouble shooter.

All worked fine ~(this didnt work before new card was installed)

Now having same prob with my nephews computer (intel chipset again)

Ill update here if new adapter and comp. mode help.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 31, 2023 Views 10,217 Applies to: