Minecraft Pocket Edition for Surface tablets?

Has anyone else noticed that the app Minecraft Pocket Edition isn't listed in the Windows Store?  I understand that I could just download Minecraft from their official website but we are talking about a tablet here. I speak for everyone who owns a Surface and just wants to use Minecraft on the go without a keyboard like you would on an Android, iPad tablet, etc. Minecraft Pocket Edition has touch screen and is perfect for this kind of device. Even if the the PC version of Minecraft is said to be touch screen, it consumes a lot of resources, it doesn't share the same potential and shouldn't be my only option. Minecraft Pocket Edition would be the perfect edition to Microsoft's newest Surface 3 a less powerful device driven by an atom processor.

One of Microsoft's developers from the Xbox team promised months ago that Minecraft Pocket Edition would be on both Microsoft Phone and Surface tablet platforms. Not long after Minecraft Pocket Edition was released to Windows Phone but what happened to the Surface release? The release of Minecraft Pocket Edition app would make a great addition to the almost empty Windows Store.

Keep in mind Microsoft owns Minecraft ever since the transition to Windows Phone took place and has the power to do something about it.

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have to agree here. I recently purchased a new Surface 3 for my son and found it both frustrating and hilarious that the PE edition of Minecraft is not available for a Microsoft tablet like the Surface 3, when I have it on my Apple iPhone. You would think that since Microsoft owns Mohjang, this would have been one of the first things they would have done. I've had to resort to installing a 3rd party app called Gestureworks Gameplay to enable touch screen controls in order for my son to be able to play the full version of Minecraft, but it's still rather clunky compared to PE.

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

I agree with you. I dont have a surface but i do have a windows 8.1 laptop(keyboard doesn't come off) so i understand why you would want it on the store in this case.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated December 6, 2023 Views 3,764 Applies to: