Microsoft Wirelesss Comfort 5050 Desktop not responding

Hi, I just got this mouse-keyboard set and both the mouse and the keyboard frequently does not respond. I've had trouble writing "Desktop" on the title above! I occasionnally play games and this is a huge problem.
Good Day Selçukemre

My name is Carlo, I'm an Independent Advisor and community member like you.
I am also using Windows 10 pc. Let us work together to sort this out.

Here's the steps you can try.

Open the device manager locate the driver for your Microsoft keyboard and Mouse that was installed and uninstall it.

Once uninstalled, go to this link below and download the driver.

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=849754

Once downloaded and installed, restart your computer and check the connection.

I hope the information above helps. Please let me know how it goes.
Have a wonderful day ahead and stay safe.

Sincerely,
Carlo T.
*This is a public forum and I do not work for Microsoft nor do I have access to any user accounts. To protect your privacy, do not post any personal information.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Carlo,

I'm glad you are willing to help but unfortunately re-installing the drivers and restarting the pc didn't fix the issue.

Edit: I also found out my old wired mouse works perfectly.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings Selçukemre,

I appreciate your time in getting back to this thread, if the steps did not work, no worries since this is an open forum, maybe someone else in the community has an idea or solution regarding with this issue. I will keep this thread open.

Have a wonderful day ahead and stay safe.

Sincerely,
Carlo T.
*This is a public forum and I do not work for Microsoft nor do I have access to any user accounts. To protect your privacy, do not post any personal information.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm Greg, awarded MVP for eleven years, Volunteer Moderator, and Independent Advisor here to help you until this is resolved.

Install the MS Mouse and Keyboard center to make sure it's properly updated:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/mouse...

Try all other ports on the PC, often the front and back will have different USB controllers

Enter Device Manager reached by right clicking the Start button, choose the Mouse and Keyboard devices, then from Driver tab try Update Driver > Automatically, then if that fails Update Driver > Browse > Let Me Pick to try all previous installed drivers. If that fails then try to Uninstall the driver and restart PC to see if device works now.

If this fails then from Device manager try uninstalling the USB controllers, restart PC to reinstall. First program the power button to Shut down the PC at Settings > System > Power & Sleep > Additional Power Settings > Choose what Power button does so you can do the restart from it.

If that fails try another mouse and keyboard. Repeat the above steps if necessary to see if they work better.

If not then go into Troubleshoot Options to do a Reset, saving files if not backed up:
https://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-10-tip-re...

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and let us know how it goes. I will keep working with you until it's resolved.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Windows MVP 2010-20

Millions helped via my tutorials and personally in forums for 12 years. Now an Independent Advisor.

I do not quit for those who are polite and cooperative.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 11, 2021 Views 61 Applies to: