Microsoft wireless mouse 5000

What happened to the auto-scroll and universal scroll features of the middle mouse button? I can't find them anywhere in mouse and keyboard center settings.

>>>>>I can't find them anywhere in mouse and keyboard center settings.<<<<<

Did you find a mouse and keyboard center at Start > All Apps > Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center?

Right click on your Start button and select Control Panel.  Change View By: to Large Icons.

Click on Mouse.  Do you get any mouse options here?

I have a wireless Microsoft mouse and I find these in my Control Panel.  The mouse settings are pretty much stripped down in Windows 10.

There is no Windows 10 driver for your mouse.  You could reinstall the driver in compatibility mode and see if you have more options.  About half way down the page at the link below, it explains how to install a driver in compatibility mode.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_devices/how-to-install-and-update-drivers-in-windows-10/a97bbbd1-9973-4d66-9a5b-291300006293

You might also run the Hardware & Sound > Hardware & Devices Troubleshooter.  Open Control Panel, then click on Troubleshooting.

Brenda

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for trying. I have all the mouse settings, just not the options to set the middle (wheel) button to 'Auto-scroll' or 'universal scroll' as I did in previous versions of mouse and keyboard control center.
Windows enthusiast

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 7, 2023 Views 1,031 Applies to: